Asia Society was founded on the tenacious belief that genuine understanding across cultures unlocks the potential for a peaceful and sustainable world. Our New York headquarters on Park Avenue in NYC coordinates work in our 14 Centers throughout the world. As we launch our new 5-year strategic plan, we are prioritizing creating new strategic partnerships with like-minded organizations who want to work with us toward these goals at this critical moment in history.
This leadership role requires an experienced and highly-motivated fundraising professional, a self-starter who is comfortable engaging and calling on a range of corporate executives – in New York and globally. This individual should be a self-starter, able to work independently and also as a key team member to create and implement corporate membership and sponsorship fundraising strategies to reach individual, department and organizational goals. The ideal candidate will bring a portfolio of contacts in the corporate world and will work closely with the Chief Development Officer, the Managing Director of Development and the Asia Society senior leadership team.
- Oversee a $1.5M Corporate Membership/Sponsorship Revenue Goal managing approximately 55 corporate partnerships to increase engagement and giving from existing partners
- Provide thought leadership and strategy within the Corporate Partnerships donor segment around platform and program development, prospecting & sales and overall team strategy
- Drive prospect identification efforts to grow the base of corporate partners through unrestricted, restricted and in-kind support
- Oversee and manage the corporate Business Council and other corporate-focused councils, adding value to Asia Society’s leading corporate partners and the institution
- Create compelling presentations, solicitation materials including fundraising decks, letter and email proposals for Asia Society programs, series, initiatives, exhibitions sales materials
- Manage corporate sponsorship activations for Asia Society special events
- Execute deliverables of the partnership agreement properly and according to contract for corporate supporters
- Network regularly at events and other corporate happenings
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify areas of opportunity and new technologies to maximize efficiency in fundraising efforts with corporate partners
- Leverage industry expertise, market trends and deep knowledge of corporate partner’s needs to generate extensive client growth
- Ensure that all interaction with both corporate leads and partners is captured in the Salesforce CRM
- Assure the corporate relations revenue and expenditures remain in line with targeted budget goals; and that processes and database management protocols are followed (Salesforce)
- Drive results in a fast paced, resource-conscious environment with a creative style and a strong vision
- On-going monitoring of industry trends to maximize Asia Society’s program’s success
- Establish annual work plans, revenue targets and key performance indicators in close collaboration senior leadership team
- Prepare closing reports for corporate sponsors
- Oversees corporate contributions and drafts acknowledgment letters with donor database steward
- Supervise corporate development interns
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS in a related field (fundraising / marketing) is required and 7-9 years of experience preferred with a knock your socks off track record.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in Asia is a definite plus; as is fluency in an Asian language.
- Proficiency with a CRM system is required. Experience with Salesforce CRM is a plus.
- Experience acquiring and engaging new, non-traditional audiences is a plus.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal (both oral and written), and organizational skills, with the capacity to work cooperatively and creatively with a wide range of people representing diverse cultures and beliefs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while being a good team player capable of responding quickly to fundraisers’ needs and requests in a fast-paced and highly interactive environment.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task and see projects through from beginning to end with strong attention to detail. Organize work, prioritize, and delegate to meet deadlines, and make timely decisions with sound judgment
- Anticipate the needs of the partners and proactively address them
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations. List job code ID-2001 and job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Asia Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org