Making Cents is recruiting for a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded women’s economic empowerment and leadership activity in Jordan. The project will improve women’s access to job opportunities and leadership positions, improve perceptions about working women and women leaders, and enhance the equitable and safe enabling working environment for women.
- Overall project leadership, management, technical direction, oversight and quality;
- Maintain relationships with USAID, the Government of Jordan (GOJ), and key local stakeholders;
- Oversee all technical and management inputs to ensure achievement of project objectives;
- Lead work planning and financial planning and provide quality control of all deliverables;
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID and key stakeholders, including Government of Jordan counterparts, other donors, and local communities
- Oversee all project operations, staff and subcontractors.
- Master’s degree in international development, gender, or other relevant field;
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible management experience in international development, with previous experience as a Chief of Party on a USAID project preferred;
- Understanding of social and economic opportunities and constraints for women in Jordan;
- Expertise and experience in gender integration in Jordan, preferably in relation to or working with the private sector;
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, and the ability to collaborate with the Government of Jordan (GOJ) and key local stakeholders;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong leadership, team building, and mentorship skills;
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org