The European Youth Forum is the platform of youth organisations in Europe. We represent 104 youth organisations, which bring together tens of millions of young people from all over Europe.
The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives by representing and advocating their needs and interest and those of their organisations. In the current uncertain political and social context that affects young people, they can be powerful catalysts for positive change and contributors of innovative solutions to Europe’s challenges.
The Youth Forum continues our advocacy work to become an agenda-setter on youth affairs, empower member organisations to maximise the impact of their expertise and enforce a rights based approach in all that we do.
The European Youth Forum is recruiting a Festival Logistics Officer to support in the design, development and implementation of Yo!Fest 2020 as part of the European Youth Event taking place at the beginning of June 2020 in Strasbourg, France.
Yo!Fest @ the EYE is a two-day political festival designed for young people, by young people.
It is the largest event of it’s kind, last year bringing together over 10,000 young people.
Building on the success of over 10 editions, we are looking for a Festival Logistics Officer who can continue to grow our develop our Yo!Fest brand, increase engagement in our topics and ensure the outcomes of our festival and reported throughout Europe.
- Researching, planning and evaluating different layouts for the site (15,000m2). Including finding suppliers, evaluating offers and making proposals;
- Ensure the site is compliant with the standards and laws applicable in relation to structural stability, electrical control, security procedures and environmental standards;
- Meet with the city of Strasbourg security services and the European Parliament regularly to provide updates on the project development;
- Manage set-up, operation and breakdown of the infrastructural aspects of the event including: structures, audio visual equipment, furniture, sign posting, decoration, electricity, sanitation, first aid, waste management and catering;
- Manage the accommodation bookings for speakers, volunteer and staff;
- Liaise with the European Parliament’s logistic agency to ensure a smooth integration of shared processes;
- Research, evaluate and book artist to perform throughout the event;
- Manage a team of volunteers and professional roadies during the event;
- Ensure that the event meets its sustainability objectives and regulations.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in organising events with experience in organising medium to large scale events (~5,000 - 10,000 participants);
- Expert understanding and experience of the safety requirements regulating large public events;
- Experience in booking international artists and an understanding of their requirements;
- A good technical understanding of the operation, installation and planning of audiovisual and electrical equipment;
- Experience in working with municipalities in planning events is required;
- A good technical understanding of tent structures;
- Experience in managing roadies and volunteers;
- Experience in working for EU funded projects is desirable;
- Experience of working using project management tools and software is beneficial;
- The ability to work flexibly, including weekends and evenings hours as required.
- Excellent planning, organisation and negotiation skills;
- Excellent public relations and marketing skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Ability to get people on board;
- Sociable, at ease in a multicultural environment;
- Dynamic, persistent and service oriented;
- Understanding of the commitment involved in working on a large event;
- Computer literacy: good working knowledge of word processing, e-mail and Internet applications.
TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
The European Youth Forum offers a full time (35 hours per week) contract. The contract will start on the recruitment date and will end in July 2020. This position is dependent on external funding from the European Parliament. All contractual conditions will be subject to the grant terms.
The gross monthly salary is 2,754 Euros. Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org