We are currently seeking a qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese national candidate to serve as Associate Director, Tuberculosis (TB) for the USAID Sustainable HIV and TB responses From Technical assistance (USAID SHIFT) project, based in Hanoi. Vietnamese nationals living abroad are encouraged to apply.
USAID SHIFT is a five-year contract managed by FHI 360 originally awarded to help local stakeholders achieve and sustain epidemic control. The purpose of USAID SHIFT is to strengthen human, organizational, and systems capacity to lead the national HIV and TB response and deliver innovative enhancements in HIV and TB services. USAID SHIFT is organized around two main areas to address both HIV and TB:
Provide direct service delivery to achieve targets in priority provinces and transition services in maintenance and priority provinces:
- Task 1.1: Scale-up services along the entire continuum of prevention to care CoPC in PEPFAR/Vietnam priority provinces and USAID TB priority provinces to achieve “90-90-90” HIV case-finding, care, and treatment targets, and to achieve TB and multi-drug resistant TB (MDR-TB) active case-finding, treatment and prevention targets;
- Task 1.2: Maintain direct service delivery (DSD) and then fully transition ownership of remaining sites in maintenance provinces supported through the USAID SMART TA project.
Provide demand-driven HIV/AIDS and TB technical assistance:
- Task 2.1: Establish a demand-driven mechanism for technical assistance (TA) provision.
- Subtask 2.1.1: Provide demand-driven TA at the national level and provincial levels to build sustainable HIV/AIDS and TB services and systems;
- Subtask 2.1.2: Deliver demand-driven TA at the site level in priority and maintenance PEPFAR/Vietnam provinces and in USAID TB priority provinces to ensure quality and maintainable HIV/AIDS and TB services.
The Associate Director, TB (AD TB) provides senior oversight of diverse technical elements of the TB portfolio at FHI 360 Vietnam. Under the leadership of the USAID SHIFT Chief of Party, the AD TB takes an active role in ensuring the quality, relevance, and impact of both community and clinical activities in support of project beneficiaries for TB. The AD TB facilitates and champions the local adoption of more effective and efficient practices to achieve service delivery outcomes with respect to intensified case finding, linkages to diagnostics and treatment, and retention in care. The AD TB works in close collaboration with the National TB Program (NTP) and other stakeholders to ensure local ownership and the sustainability of TB services in Vietnam, as well as to advance the routine and more frequent application of data to improve program impact and client satisfaction at every level. The AD TB will supervise the TB team and serve as a focal point for advancing high-impact innovations in TB programs, coordinating relevant activities, conducting briefings, and liaising with district, provincial and national health authorities. He/she will possess comprehensive knowledge and experience concerning tuberculosis prevention, detection and management. The AD TB will support quality assurance of clinical and non-clinical training with respect to TB services, and will be expected to represent FHI 360 with professionalism in collaboration with the Ministry of Health (MOH), the NTP, Provincial Health Services, provincial Centers for Disease Control (CDC), donors, U.S. government partners, and other stakeholders. He/she shall have a thorough understanding of relevant government of Vietnam (GVN) policies and regulations, how the GVN operates, and a keen understanding of local development activities. He/she will work closely with other technical staff to expand and advance operational and client relationships pertaining to TB, HIV, viral hepatitis, and other infectious disease threats as FHI 360 Vietnam explores additional business opportunities in these domains.
- Works with the Chief of Party to provide support in the development of a comprehensive, needs-based and contract-responsive strategy for USAID SHIFT TB activities.
- Oversees the technical direction and technical operations of TB activities under the USAID SHIFT project, in particular leading intensified TB case-finding and case management efforts in support of the NTP in USAID SHIFT priority provinces.
- Ensures FHI 360 meets technical deliverables and targets under the USAID SHIFT contract.
- Ensures technical compliance with organization policies and procedures, and USAID rules and regulations.
- Provides oversight and direction of critical staff and functional units pertaining to:
- TB case-finding, diagnosis, and management;
- Applications of data to monitoring and program improvement; and,
- Advancing sustained local ownership of a state-of-the art response to TB in Vietnam.
- Coordinates and organizes relevant technical assistance (TA) assignments, which will include identifying and nominating consultants and negotiating terms of engagement;
- Supports COP on annual work plan development - TB component, leads ad hoc implementation/action plans and schedules, and oversees and monitors execution to ensure completion of project activities to meet targets on schedule and within budget;
- Coordinates local technical support as needed to help ensure successful program execution;
- Prepares technical protocols and papers, as needs and opportunities dictate;
- Oversees the selection, development, and performance evaluations of technical coordinator, senior technical officer and other technical personnel, providing appropriate levels of support to ensure optimal job performance;
- Supports the development of sub-awards, subcontracts, consulting agreements, and other contractual or procurement mechanisms – TB program that comply fully with FHI 360 and donor policies, procedures, and regulations;
- Oversees TB-relevant project monitoring, evaluation and research activities;
- Drafts and coordinates the production of the TB content of quarterly progress reports for USAID SHIFT, and produce other reports as required;
- Provides supportive supervision to program management staff and engage with staff to foster an environment that encourages solid technical performance, innovative thinking and rapid translation of ideas into action;
- Represents USAID SHIFT in meetings with partners including: USAID, US CDC, MOH, WHO, UN agencies, provincial health services, other INGOs and local NGOs.
- Performs other relevant duties as requested.
Experience and abilities for the position:
- Advanced degree in public health, medicine, or related fields;
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated experience working in TB programs;
- Thorough understanding of relevant Vietnamese government policies and regulations concerning TB, and of how the Vietnamese government operates;
- Experience with USAID and/or PEPFAR programs and requirements;
- Experience with U.S. government contractual requirements and experience working in an international NGO environment desirable;
- Ability to work well with teams, implementing agencies, government counterparts, USAID;
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in both Vietnamese and English;
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org