NOTE: Students may work not-to-exceed 16-20 hours per week and full-time (depending on agency needs) when students are on a vacation period or school is officially closed.
The vacancy will close at midnight EST on the date the applications is limited of 50 is reached or on the closing date listed, whichever comes first. Applications received on the date the limit is reached will be accepted and processed.
- Support OGC records management functions, including reviewing, scanning, and digitizing records.
- Organizing documents in accordance with scan request forms and document retention schedule. Perform QA checks on previously scanned materials. Prepare documents for transfer to the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA).
- Support Freedom of Information Act office records management functions.
- Perform administrative functions including proofreading, reviewing, editing, and formatting documents, correspondence, and notices. Filing, data entry, and organizing files.
- Other duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- More than 1 job may be filled if additional vacancies occur within 120 days
To be eligible for this internship position, ALL of the following requirements must be met:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited technical or vocational school, college or university, graduate or professional school Individuals who are enrolled must be taking at least a half-time academic, vocational, or technical course load leading to a degree, diploma, or certificate. "Half-time" is defined by the school in which the student is enrolled;
- Applicants must have completed one (1) full academic year of post-high school study; and
- Applicants must have general computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Only degrees from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please visit to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) https://www.opm.gov/about-us/careers-at-opm/students-recent-graduates/ OR U.S. Department of Education https://www.ed.gov/accreditation.
Foreign education must be evaluated for US equivalency to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org