The M&E Officer supports the M&E function in the Programme Management Unit and reports to the Head of Monitoring and Evaluation. The M&E Officer is a technical expert responsible for coordinating monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities under the Unit with special emphasis on the Global Fund HIV/TB Elimination Project.
Management and Supervision:
- Lead the on-going development of an M&E system and tools to enable the project to collect, aggregate and support analysis of data, in order to meet all relevant reporting requirements and to facilitate and inform project management;
- Provide guidance for the overall M&E strategy and implementation of related activities;
- Advise and support project managers on choice of indicators and development of monitoring plans;
- Co-ordinate the implementation of the M&E system, M&E tools, and project monitoring plans, including training and support for project managers and project teams;
- Lead on design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative data collection to support project reporting and develop and standardize survey tools and other data collection forms for monitoring programmes;
- Train relevant programme staff and stakeholders on M&E tools, data collection and analysis;
- Ensure quality data collection methods and tool are implemented to support all project reporting requirements;
- Support the identification and documentation of M&E best practices and lessons learned in the OECS.
- Coordinate the provision of TA for the development of the Monitoring and Evaluation Plans of the Sub-Recipients;
- Review the data collection and related Case Base Surveillance (CBS) M&E activities and validation of the CBS reports;
- Consolidate country level data/information, provide feedback, prepare consolidated M&E PR report as per Grant Agreement;
- Collaborate with Sub Recipients (SRs) and partners on qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities, effects and impacts;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project results; and
- Other related tasks as requested by the Head, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Support the development (institutional strengthening and capacity building) of the M&E related policies, plans and systems in the OECS.
The ideal candidate should have:
- BSc. Degree in public health, social science, demography, statistics, or related field or equivalent;
- Minimum five years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating complex, large, multi-year international health sector development programs;
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation and setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per the objectives;
- Firm command of the M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality health service and support programs;
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages;
- Formal training in M&E would be an asset.
Skills & Attributes:
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts in both the public and NGO sectors;
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector;
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building, and coordination;
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills in English;
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in regional and national programs and technical staff;
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of the OECS region and experience in HIV/AIDS projects or Social projects will be an asset.
- Drive with Purpose and Vision;
- Create an Environment of Trust;
- Build Effective Teams;
- Ensure Accountability;
- Demonstrate Decision Quality;
- Communicate Effectively.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org