This position will assist senior specialists in providing technical support in one or more of FAS's areas of responsibility: coordinate and implement agricultural and natural resource capacity building and reconstruction and stabilization projects; provide science-based training and technical assistance to policy makers, the private sector, and foreign countries; and/or negotiate and coordinate agreements between USDA agencies and institutions.
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates travel and prepares related documents, which includes complex international travel arrangements and vouchers.
- Develops, establishes and maintains financial and narrative tracking information and systems
- Understands government purchase card guidelines and ensures transactions are in compliance. Knowledge of FAS financial systems/ programs.
- Utilizes USDA grants management and acquisition systems.
- Develops, and manages grants, agreements and contracts authorizing cost-reimbursable, cooperative and inter-agency activities.
- Experience in meeting the expectations of a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Experience in communication and outreach to all partners.
- Experience effectively communicating (verbally and in writing) to clearly explain and describe program/projects and their related issues and problems.
- Experience managing or working cooperatively with others to handle difficult situations, resolve problems, and effectively maintain working relations with individuals from U.S. and foreign government agencies as well as the private sector.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/
- Testing Designated Position: Selectee must submit to a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and random testing thereafter. Final appointment and continued employment is conditional on negative results for illegal drug use.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement, including specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
FOR THE GS-07 LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-05 grade level that demonstrates:
- Knowledge of designing, implementing, monitoring AND/OR evaluating program and project
- Basic knowledge of agricultural and rural development and techniques.
- With supervision managing or collaborating with higher-level employees in the management of
- International development projects.
- Knowledge of and skill in written and oral communication,
- Proficiency with computer and software tools.
OR 1 full year of graduate level education OR Superior Academic Achievement: To qualify based on superior academic achievement, you must have completed the requirements for a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution AND must meet certain GPA requirements.
FOR THE GS-09 LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-07 level) that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Experience designing, implementing, monitoring AND/OR evaluating program and project
- Experience applying agricultural and rural development methods and techniques.
- Experience managing or collaborating with higher-level employees in the management of
- international development projects.
- Experience in communication to clearly explain and describe program issues and problem through
- reports or meetings.
- Proficiency with computer and software tools.
OR master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or
LL.B. or J.D., if related
Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for this grade level.
TRANSCRIPTS are required if:
- You are qualifying for the position based on education.
- You are qualifying for this position based on a combination of experience and education.
- You are qualifying for this position based on Superior Academic Achievement.
- This education must have been successfully completed and obtained from an accredited school, college, or university
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-07 & 09 GRADE LEVELS: Applicants may have combinations of successfully completed education and specialized experience to meet total qualification requirements. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify for that grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Please see above for education qualification requirement information.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org