CEPI is the European confederation representing the forest fibre and paper industries. Through its 18 national associations CEPI gathers 495 companies operating more than 900 pulp and paper mills across Europe producing pulp, paper, tissue and board products as well as bio-based products.
From forest fibre technology to advancing eco-design, the industry is today engaged in an unprecedented transformation and invests in Europe over 5 billion Euros annually. It is a recognised leader on the transition towards a low-carbon circular bioeconomy. CEPI’s 2050 Roadmaps have since 2011 charted the industry’s vision to advance innovation, value creation and decarbonisation.
CEPI is currently looking to recruit a new Raw Materials Officer/Manager to join the team.
The main purpose of this role will be to:
- Monitor and assess the impact of European policies and developments on raw materials (wood and paper for recycling) availability, quality, sustainability and cost;
- Contribute to the development of strategies in the raw materials area to make CEPI a heard voice in the debate;
- Execute CEPI activities in areas such as the circular economy, waste legislation, land use, bioenergy, biodiversity, forest certification, standardisation.
Under the guidance of and in cooperation with the raw materials director, you will:
- Provide updated information to the industry within the field of responsibility;
- Identify common positions among the industry;
- Propose industry-initiatives in the area of raw materials;
- Manage identified projects;
- Define needs as to statistics, studies and consultancy;
- Lead issue groups and networks, internal and cross-industry;
- Provide content for CEPI’s publications, website and events;
- Provide briefings to the Raw Materials Director and the Director General ahead meetings of the CEPI Governance;
- Follow-up on meetings, actions and priorities.
- Around 1-2 years of professional experience, ideally within the EU policy sphere;
- Keen interest in EU policies and in renewable and circular raw materials;
- University degree;
- Ability and willingness to take on responsibility and work independently when required;
- Strong interpersonal skills and capacity to build good working relationships across diverse settings;
- Good team working skills;
- Fluent in English, with ability to draft working documents in English.
If interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter via email, with a subject line “CEPI – raw materials”.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org