IT Security Specialist. New York. Posting Date: 10/09/2019. Deadline: 11/10/2019
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your extensive knowledge of IT Security? We're seeking an IT Security Specialist based in New York to oversee the execution of day-to-day operations and strategic initiatives which move forward OSF's Security mission.
The Open Society Foundations works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The Information Technology department at Open Society Foundations consists 67 professionals based in our hub and regional offices. As an IT Security Specialist at Open Society you will:
What we are looking for:
- Enforce and maintain security policies and controls and systems monitoring based on direction from the Global Head of Security;
- Administer, Manage and Perform Regular System Health Monitoring, Upgrades and Maintenance for global IT Security infrastructure
- Manage real time threat detention technologies to identify and quarantine threats, Monitor Endpoint Security Alerts and take corrective action
- Function as a part of the Incident Response team as needed to facilitate triage and containment of affected endpoints
- Perform Regular System Audits and Coordinate Corrective actions to security posture.
- Assists in the creation, implementation, and/or management of security solutions and policies.
- Demonstrated in-depth technical expertise and extensive hands on experience with Carbon Black Prevention(Bit9) and Carbon Black Defense product suites; administration and troubleshooting
- Excellent analytical, end to end troubleshooting and networking skills
- 3-5 years relevant experience in Information Security or IT OPS management and systems administration with at least 2 years specific to IT Security Degree in Computers, Technology or related field
- Proven ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment; to troubleshoot and follow projects through to completion, consistently on schedule, without loss of attention to detail and budget; Customer service orientation-responsiveness, accuracy, timeliness, professionalism, and consistency.
What we offer:
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional), CISM (ISACA Certified Information Security Manager) or CISA (ISACA Certified Information Security Auditor) are preferred
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls, URL filters and VPNs administration and troubleshooting a plus
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perksdesigned for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
See what a day in the life of the colleagues at Open Society is like.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.