We are looking for an outgoing, self-motivated and multitalented professional to manage our relations with China-focused external organizations and grow our business with Chinese enterprises operating in the Americas.
China Telecom (Americas) Corporation (CTA) is an active member of the Chinese business community in the US. We partner closely with a number of China-focused external organizations, such as chambers of commerce, trade groups and media outlets, in order to better connect with our stakeholders and customers, promote international economic cooperation and make a positive social impact in our local communities.
The Corporate Relations Specialist will build and manage the relations between us and these external organizations to achieve CTA's corporate communications and marketing objectives.
You will play a leadership role in planning and executing marketing campaigns aimed at Chinese enterprises operating the US. You will also be an integral part of the Corporate Communications Team, fighting to protect and promote our public image.
You must have strong background and passion in event marketing, event organization, networking, media relations and corporate writing. You need to be fluent in both Chinese and English. Leadership, budget management, and creative design are also valuable skillsets for this position.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities
- Build and manage relations with external organizations - such as chambers of commerce, industry groups and media outlets - that can enhance CTA's leadership position in the Chinese business community and drive revenue from the Chinese Enterprise segment of CTA's customer base.
- Participate in strategic decision-making related to Chinese Enterprise marketing and Corporate Communications.
- Develop and execute all Chinese language marketing and PR initiatives, including corporate events, conferences, trade shows, website, SEO/SEM, social media, direct mailing, sales & marketing collateral, internal materials etc.
- Take initiative in identifying new and creative way to connect with CTA's external stakeholders in the U.S. Chinese business community.
- Write Chinese or bilingual speeches, press releases and work reports.
- Perform basic budget manage functions offline and on internal systems.
- Monitor and analyze Chinese and China-focused news media.
Essential Skills and Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, International Relations or similar fields
- 5 years of professional experience or advanced academic studies in a related field
- Strong social, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Ability to take initiative, work without supervision, and independently handle project from start to finish.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior team members.
- Ability to thrive in multicultural work environments and interfacing with a wide array of business functions.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Extensive computer skills with ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Demonstrated interest in corporate relations.
- Fluency in Chinese and English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written, face-to-face and over the phone interactions with partners and all levels of staff and management
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Cloud-based Media Aggregation Service (Meltwater, CISION, Muck Rack)
- Digital Marketing Tools (Google Analytics, Google AdWords)
- Social Media Channels (Weibo, WeChat, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org