Global Kids, Inc. is seeking dynamic, hard-working, and creative individuals experienced in youth development, global education, and social action who are interested in full time Senior Trainer positions in our SONYC middle school programs, our COMPASS high school programs or our Community School programs (middle or high school). We are seeking to fill multiple positions located throughout NYC’s five boroughs.
• Coach less experienced program staff in program development, facilitation, and workshop design
• Serve as main liaison for school-based programs (COMPASS high school programs)
• Take a lead role in developing relevant content and curriculum on global issues, college and career skills and socio-emotional learning.
• Coordinate, develop and co-facilitate interactive, experiential workshops and activities for GK's global education academic enrichment programs.
• Collaborate with GK staff and youth to generate new program ideas focusing on global/local issues and meeting the goals of the SONYC, COMPASS High School or Community School initiatives.
• Provide individual academic counseling and support.
• Work with other staff and students to implement the annual Global Kids Youth Conference and other special projects with the United Nations, Council on Foreign Relations, colleges and corporations.
• Collect, input and review attendance, evaluation and other data related to projects and student progress.
• Collect and maintain necessary documentation including but not limited to: enrollment forms, student files, attendance, case notes, program, materials/handouts.
• Write program progress reports to principals, funders, and supervisors as needed
• Conduct special trainings for youth and/or other educators on occasion.
• Plan and chaperone trips (half day, full/extended days and occasional overnight)
• Develop and maintain relationships with school and other stakeholders
• Complete other administrative tasks (e.g. file maintenance, ordering supplies, program expense reports)
• Master’s degree in education, international affairs, or related areas, plus at least 2-3 years professional experience.
• Strong understanding and knowledge of wide array of NYC social service resources for youth and families.
• Experience using interactive experiential learning strategies, counseling and conflict resolution skills, and youth development/leadership strategies in culturally diverse settings with middle school and/or high school age youth.
• Experience designing and leading educational workshops that build on each other.
• Experience working in public schools a plus.
• Strong interest in global issues, political science, history, and social activism.
• Excellent facilitation, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
• Initiative, creativity, willingness to learn, and ability to juggle multiple tasks independently.
• Strong communication, writing, organizational, and computer skills.
• International experience a plus
• Fluency in Spanish needed
Please send a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specify your abilities or preference to work with middle and/or high school youth. Please indicate “Senior Trainer” in the subject line of the email. We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries; please refer to the Global Kids web site for further information, www.globalkids.org.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org