The Threat & Risk Analyst will be a part of the Risk Management, Global Security (GS) Team and have a strategic threat intelligence focus working closely with GS Team members located around the world. Of equal importance, the position will have a tactical threat intelligence responsibility while working with Regional Security personnel on top priorities in the US and other Areas. This role plays a critical part of EY’s overarching security mission to protect personnel, facilities, assets, and reputation by conducting on-going collection, evaluation, and reporting of relevant threat intelligence. The Threat & Risk Analyst monitors, assesses and communicates top emerging concerns with timely, accurate, and relevant assessments of national and international security matters. He/she will produce a range of written analyses and deliver briefings in support of the company’s various security programs and crisis management operations worldwide with an additional focus on matters specific to the US and other areas.
Your key responsibilities for US and other areas:
- Monitor & track incidents for area situational awareness related to top security disciplines (i.e. Crisis Response, Emergency Preparedness, Business Continuity, Travel Security, Physical and Meetings & Events Security)
- Conduct comprehensive all-source monitoring, collection and analysis of threats potentially impacting company assets and communicate the information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Produce tactical risk assessments and various other reporting as needed for threats potentially impacting company assets
- Collaborate with Regional Security personnel and other business partners to help determine incident and threat impacts to the company and collaborate with other business units on appropriate response.
- Gain and maintain an understanding of key area stakeholders’ top concerns (area leadership, Regional Security Managers and other relevant partners) and produce security assessments and incident/situational reporting based on requirements.
Your key responsibilities for Global Security:
- Help inform the Global Threat & Risk process by contributing top area priorities and requirements (including but not limited to terrorist and violent extremist threats, political instability, transnational criminal organizations, and regional emerging threats) to establish top concerns for the organization especially for the areas of Global Travel and Meetings and Events Security.
- Remain current on security and intelligence topics,
- Help develop continuous improvement and industry best practices regarding threat intelligence assessment & escalation protocols.
- Build relationships with other corporate and government intelligence teams to share methodologies and analysis to better support the wide variety of our company’s business groups
- Build, maintain and leverage relationships with key external agencies, local/federal law enforcement, intelligence/military agencies and other public and private entities.
- Advanced open source research skills; knowledge of social media resources for proactive intelligence collection
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated research and critical thinking skills to identify, collect, synthesize, and evaluate large amounts of data and draw logical and actionable conclusions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and sometimes extended schedule during crisis periods, to include weekends and holidays
- Ability to operate under stress and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under ambiguous circumstances
- Self-motivated, strong organizational and multitasking skills, detail-oriented
- Equally comfortable working independently or collaboratively on a project, often under compressed timelines
- Highly responsive and proactive, able to own tasks from start to finish
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree required; field of study such as international relations, political science, history, national security studies, government, journalism, public relations, social media management or business communications preferred.
- Analytic experience within the Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) community, and/or previous experience with law enforcement, the intelligence community, the military, security consulting, corporate security or enhanced due diligence.
- Technical expertise and experience in information gathering from open sources, government or vendor reporting, social media and/or public or private sector partnership networks. Proficient knowledge of popular media sites (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) essential.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Advanced degree in international relations, security studies, political science, criminal justice, or another related field
- Foreign Language Ability
- Experience in briefing senior management on sensitive threat related matters
- Strong professional ethics and ability to maintain discretion, confidentiality, and trust
- Experience in an analytic fusion cell/command center environment
- international experience, cultural awareness & sensitivity
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org