We are looking for talented Partnerships Officers to join the Future International Talent Pool (FIT Pool) at the P-2 level that will carry out and coordinate broad range of partnerships activities, analytical work and research. You will engage with internal stakeholders and a host of public, private sector and external entities. These can comprise governments, UN agencies, intergovernmental institutions and their member states, international financial institutions, individuals, corporations, foundations and NGOs.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RB) and Country Offices (CO) and generally report to a more senior Partnerships Officer or a Director. In addition, Partnerships manages WFP Global Offices in UN hubs and selected donor capitals which are at the frontline of strategic partnership engagement.
WFP is an Agency of the United Nations and the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger globally. Every single day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. At WFP, we are driven and defined by our mission to fight world hunger, save lives, feed people’s dreams of a brighter future, reduce risk and help enable people, communities and countries meet their own food and nutrition needs. WFP goes anywhere it’s needed and does what it takes to get the job done.
More than 17,000 people are working in WFP world-wide reflecting the rich diversity of the world in which we work. The vital importance of our shared mission underpins a remarkably close community of purpose.
WFP offers life-changing job opportunities you are unlikely to find in other organizations. Working at WFP will give you the opportunity to work beyond your expectations, to be enriched by truly meaningful work and enhance your growth and professional expertise.
For additional information, visit: www.wfp.org
ABOUT THE FIT POOL
The Future International Talent Pool (FIT Pool) is an excellent opportunity for a professional international career within WFP. WFP is looking to build a pool of highly qualified and dynamic talents interested in serving in any of the 80 countries where WFP operates. Qualifying for the Human Resources FIT Pool gives you priority to be considered for vacant Fixed Term positions anywhere in the world and consequently to commence your global journey in the humanitarian world, often at the forefront of world affairs. (https://www.wfp.org/countries).
For more information: http://www1.wfp.org/fit-pool
You will provide substantial value to WFP’s effective positioning with public, private and external partners to attract policy support, resources, technical assistance and innovative solutions to advance the work of WFP, while supporting member states in the achievement of the SDGs and Zero Hunger and emphasizing WFP’s contributions in this regard.
- Implement the work plan for an assigned area to enable WFP to identify, develop and strengthen quality partnerships in support of WFP strategic objectives.
- Proactively contribute to a partnerships portfolio, including partner profiling, data/trends analysis and outreach activities, with the aim to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s work.
- Propose options to managers to expand support from existing partners and to scope new partners, guided by programmatic assessment and context-specific analysis, with the aim to enhance the impact of WFP’s work and diversify the resource base.
- Gather and share partner intelligence (including forecasting), using key information systems.
- Solicit inputs from other functional entities, RBs and COs on WFP’s programmatic offering that can gain traction with individual partner audiences; Conduct analysis and draft quality briefs in support of outreach opportunities.
- Gather socio-political insights to support WFP’s effective positioning vis-à-vis national governments, regional and international institutions with the aim to influence the policy agenda.
- In the context of the UN system and multilateral fora, support the development of partnerships and joint events with member states, civil society and intergovernmental organizations to advocate for the Sustainable Development Goals and Zero Hunger on the global agenda and advance WFP priorities and objectives, based on a basic understanding of member states’ dynamics and interests.
- Provide inputs to partnerships strategies including the development of Partnership Action Plans; Extend support to corporate fundraising efforts by means of drawing up quality partner proposals and reports, registering contributions and monitoring that partner conditions are met.
- Contribute to the preparation of strategic agreements, joint strategies and MOUs in order to promote the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the national, regional and global agenda and to reach advantageous outcomes for WFP.
- Facilitate corporate dialogue with partners through networking and information sharing; Proactively highlight strategic issues to senior managers and propose options for the best course of action to nurture trust and partnership growth.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance, and monitor defined risks.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspective in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Other as required.
- You have an advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- You have a minimum three (3) years of relevant professional work experience in advocacy, fundraising, marketing, strategy development and/or other partnership roles.
- You have experience in nurturing partnerships, in exploring new partnership opportunities, preparation of partnership proposals, reports, agreements or joint strategies.
- You are fluent (level C) in English.
- You have an intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
- You are able and motivated to work in any of WFP’s Offices throughout the world, including hardship locations.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
In addition, you have some of the below skills:
- A basic understanding of government and corporate strategies and priorities and experience in developing multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Experience supporting fundraising activities, including outreach and proposal writing, and/or in other related fields such as marketing and campaign management.
- Experience supporting creation of external communications and briefing materials.
- Experience providing advanced technical support and identified opportunities for service delivery excellence to strengthen partnerships.
- Working experience in International Organization/Companies and/or outside of home country.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org