Business Intelligence Data Analyst. New York. Posting Date: 03/24/2020. Deadline: 04/11/2020
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your ability to help people master IT infrastructure and security? We're seeking a Business Intelligence Data Analyst
based in New York City
to manage a global team of application experts, trainers, and implementers to deliver superior systems support to national and regional foundations in the OSF global network.
The Open Society Foundations (OSF) works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The National & Regional Foundations (NRF) Technology Team unites the network of 22 independent foundations within the broader OSF network by supporting common tools, acting as a conduit for distributed knowledge, facilitating the improvement of processes, and providing resources and education for secure collaboration. We work with the foundations and with other OSF hub units to understand organization challenges, identify appropriate options, and implement solutions. As a Business Intelligence Data Analyst at OSF you will be responsible for:
What we are looking for:
- Report Designer and Writer Work closely with end users, subject matter experts, and stakeholders for the design, build, unit testing, deployment, and support of our reporting solutions.
- Reporting Implementer and Technical Owner Responsible for developing, deploying, and maintaining all technical aspects of our new BI reporting solution. Partner with our BI reporting solution vendor on maintenance and upgrades of the tool.
- Reporting SME/Support Provide support on all projects related to NRF across all applications and solutions as it relates to data and reporting. Work with end users on how to utilize the reporting solution to allow them to be self-sufficient.
- Documentation Create useful documents that help users and team members to share and advance knowledge about data and reports. Own inventory of supported reports for OSF hub and foundations.
Desirable (but not required):
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience writing reports and building data warehouse or cubes for reporting and using BI tools;
- Knowledge of finance/accounting principles (experience and/or education);
- Experience eliciting and documenting reporting requirements;
- Ability to communicate with a technical and non-technical audience;
- Experience with full life cycle of reporting design, development, testing, and deployment.
What we offer:
- Experience with related finance systems such as Serenic Navigator or Microsoft Dynamics NAV;
- Experience with NetSuite Accounting/ERP;
- Experience with Adaptive Insights;
- Experience with Einstein Analytics.
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perksdesigned for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
See what a day in the life of an Open Society Foundations employee is like: Admin ; Grant Making Support Group ; Director .
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.