EU Focus is the fastest-growing Brussels-based consultancy firm specialised in EU affairs. EU Focus offers a unique ‘Quintuple’ integrated solution which includes political strategy, regulatory expertise as well as legal, compliance & communication advice in highly regulated sectors, supported by our network of EMEA partners.
We help companies advance their businesses in the EU environment by building bridges with decision-makers in Europe. A modern and dynamic consultancy, we thrive to developing advocacy strategies and keen on finding customised solutions to our clients’ needs.
EU Focus is looking for an experienced Spanish-speaking Public Affairs Consultant, to join, preferably as from October 2021, our continuously growing young team in Brussels to support our growing pool of international clients in the highly regulated technical fields of agriculture, chemicals, agrochemicals, food, feed, sustainability, energy and digital. We are looking for a team player, extrovert, with strong oral, written, analytical skills and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Providing political and regulatory advice to a pool of clients on a range of EU policies, with particular focus on agriculture, food, feed, chemical, agrochemical policies, sustainability, digital;
- Day-to-day management of client accounts, developing and executing public affairs strategies;
- Drafting position papers, preparing impactful power point presentations, staying in regular contact with EU influencers, gathering intelligence, participating in conference calls with clients, monitoring EU legislation;
- Growing and nurturing contacts within EU institutions and other stakeholders;
- Seeking new business opportunities and helping them grow into long-term client relationships;
- Occasional travels.
- Advanced degree (MA) in Law, Political Science, International Relations or Economics (College of Europe, LSE, Maastricht or similar) with excellent academic record;
- Structured mindset, robust project management skills;
- Strong written and verbal skills in English, knowledge of Italian is a plus;
- Proven skills in analysing large volumes of information and translating it in concise and impactful position papers;
- At least 2 years of working experience in EU Public Affairs and/or with EU institutions;
- Perfect understanding of the EU decision-making procedures;
- Experience of working with/in the European Parliament;
- Knowledge of or experience with Spanish politics;
- Strong network of contacts among policymakers, influencers, broader public including media;
- A proactive individual, a quick learner and a team player willing to work in a fast-paced business environment and grow in a dynamic company;
- Background knowledge on EU sustainability policies is a plus.
Why Working with Us?
- Competitive remuneration & flexible working policy;
- Opportunities for quick professional growth & long-term career opportunity;
- Continuous learning and mentorship from public affairs professionals with 20+ years of experience;
- Supportive multi-lingual international team with entrepreneurial spirit.
To apply, please submit to [email protected] a 1-page CV accompanied by a short motivation letter with ‘Application – Spanish Public Affairs Consultant’ as the subject line. Early applications are encouraged.
Deadline: 30 September 2021
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org