Abt Associates, a major American research, technical assistance, and international development company, seeks highly qualified candidates to serve as Abt’s DCOP Operations for the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Bureau for Development, Democracy and Innovation’s Innovation, Technology, and Research Hub (DDI/ITR)’s Acceleration and Competitions Executions Support (ACES), if awarded. The purpose of ACES is to provide administrative support, design assistance, and technical expertise to bolster USAID’s efforts to design, support, and implement open innovation programs, accelerate the resultant innovations for increased uptake in an appropriate market or context, disseminate knowledge within USAID and the development community on open innovation best practices, successes, and lessons learned from both the innovations themselves and the programs supporting them. ITR/I will collaborate with USAID missions and bureaus as well as with the private sector (globally), civil society organizations, other donors, and inter-agency partners on open innovation programs and investments that achieve social rates of return. The position will be based in Rockville, MD and is contingent upon project award to Abt Associates.
- Supervise a team of operations for the project, including but not limited to procurement, operational systems, budgeting, financial accounting, administration, grants under contracts management, and logistics. Will serve as COP when s/he is absent from the program.
- Ensure that program implementation is in accordance with the award, Abt policies, and all USAID policies, regulations and procedures.
- Develop and manage fair and transparent procurement processes in different regions of the world.
- Supervise the daily financial operations of the project including but not limited to, financial analysis and reporting, taxation, insurance, credit control, and accounts payable and receivable, inventory and costs control, and budgeting and forecasting.
- Advise the COP on financial matters and the impact of laws and regulations on the activity.
- Work with technical managers to develop budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
- Serve as the senior contractual officer for up to $60 million in Grants Under Contracts (GUC) related to open innovation programs and investments. Support the selection process, aligning GUC with organization procurement policies and activity grants’ manual.
- Oversee financial audits.
- Oversee finance, procurement, and grant management staff, ensuring that functions are performed timely and accurately.
- Lead all human resource issues including recruitment and orientation and training of new staff.
- Ensure implementation of and adherence to Abt’s human resource policies, including compliance with relevant labor laws.
- Approves all competition processes and advises on co-creation, bidders/ grantee conferences and other procurement or grant-related matters.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or other relevant field and at least 12 years of experience in financial analysis, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development and forecasting on international donor-funded projects OR a Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of relevant experience.
- USAID program operations management experience required.
- Expertise in USAID rules and regulations.
- Experience managing grants under contract (GUC) highly preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems.
- Excellent analytical and computer skills, with strong experience in Excel and QuickBooks.
- Well-developed and effective organizational skills, including an ability to multi-task and work in a high-pressure environments.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with government agencies, civil society counterparts, and international donor agencies.
- Previous direct supervisory experience of professional and/or support staff.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English.
Bachelor’s Degree + Fifteen years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or PhD + Ten years of relevant experience
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org