This position is based at IYF’s headquarters in Baltimore, MD, USA. However, IYF will consider remote candidates based anywhere in the USA for this position. IYF offers generous telecommuting and flexible schedules for employees.
Program Director, US Workforce Development
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Program Manager, US Workforce Development will manage select program(s) for the Youth Opportunity (YO) Program, a workforce development program for youth in the U.S. Under the guidance of the Director, this position will lead youth agency efforts and related expansion opportunities, ensure effective relationship management with corporate partners, grantees, vendors, and other partners in the U.S. and globally, and support other program implementation, expansion, and evaluation efforts.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support the achievement of program outcomes and deliverables in accordance with donor rules and regulations, grant agreements, and work plans.
· Support report writing and review; grant and contract processing and management; consultant
management; and other duties across the program as assigned.
· Collaborate with MERL manager to support the design and management of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems for assigned initiatives.
· Promote and facilitate sharing of good practices and learning within and between project teams, donors, grantees, and other partners. Ensure project information, data, and relevant contacts are maintained in STORM and other IYF knowledge platforms that aggregate organizational performance and impact
· Coordinate and track the development and processing of program grants and contracts to ensure timely receipt, input into IYF’s database, approval, processing, and payment in alignment with program budget.
Communications, Relationship Management, Curricula
· Maintain ongoing communications with vendors, funders, grantees, and all other program partners to assess needs and provide support.
· Lead and facilitate the program’s communication strategy in accordance with funder requirements. This includes liaising with appropriate colleagues, program participants, partners, vendors, and donors; developing content including blogs, social media posts, videos, and interviews; and supporting product launch initiatives.
· Support the communication and release of materials for partners and stakeholders related to curricula.
· Lead and facilitate trainings as available, including virtual/remote training. Potentially support development of virtual trainings and/or support education via online platforms.
Program Development, Implementation, Youth Agency and Other
· Lead youth agency implementation and expansion efforts for the program in the U.S. and globally, including program design, coordination, facilitation, and evaluation. Program events include career panels, leadership workshops, communications opportunities, and other funder or partner PR requests.
· Collaborate with funder, grantees, vendors, and other partners to ensure successful implementation of youth agency efforts. Provide ongoing direct contact and support for young people involved.
· Seek opportunities to expand and deepen youth agency efforts for the program and IYF’s institutional goals.
· Serve as an external IYF representative as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project management systems, program design, and office procedures required
· Strong research skills; experience in conducting youth programs and providing stakeholder feedback.
· Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional, team as well as an ability to carry out tasks independently.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills in English. Spanish language skills preferred. Additional language proficiencies a plus.
· Outstanding interpersonal communication skills which must be effective and courteous, requiring cultural awareness and competence in working with marginalized communities.
· Ability to travel within the U.S. and internationally as required.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and online tools and platforms, such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Google Workspace, and Dropbox.
· Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to IYF’s mission and programs (Social Science, International Relations, Education, Instructional Design, Curriculum Development), preferred.
· 5 years of experience in program design, implementation and/or program administration, preferably in youth development and the career-focused education sector.
· Experience in facilitation and training with young people, strongly preferred.
· Experience supporting programs funded by a variety of private and public donors preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org