Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the mission of IRI and demonstrating the core values in their day-to-day operations.
The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include: Excellence - We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom - We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect - We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork - We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency - We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability - We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
Based in Washington, DC the Executive Assistant to the Vice Presidents is responsible for supporting the needs of the Executive Office through managing calendar schedules, processing accounting reconciliations, tracking reports and contracts, and assisting the Executive Assistant to the President and Executive Vice President when necessary.
The Executive Assistant to the Vice President reports to the Executive Assistant to the President and works directly with the Vice President of Operations. Responsibilities require discretion, judgment, tact, and poise. Incumbent has considerable latitude and flexibility in carrying out assigned tasks.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintains multiple executives’ calendars, including scheduling and arranging appointments, phone calls, meetings, meals, and
- Arranges travel and meetings by collaborating with program divisions to develop itineraries and agendas; schedule travel and reconciliations through IRl's travel system - KeyTravel and JAMIS, and other necessary arrangements as needed
- Coordinates both externally and internally to prepare executives to participate in meetings and events, including materials and background briefings for the executives
- Welcomes guests by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries
- Facilitates smooth office operations by serving as a resource for the Front Office and staff
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Secures information by completing data base backups and updating filing system
- Is responsible for memo creation and reviewing Executive level correspondence
- Serves as a business notary for the organization
- Edits and disseminates the Weekly Report to Staff
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for trips and Board Meetings, gather and consolidate Quarterly Report information
- Prepares and monitors official requests/signatures
- Reconciles all Front Office Expense reports
- Works closely with Front Office executives on ad hoc projects and initiatives
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of relevant experience supporting C-level executives with keen attention to detail
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines with ability to proofread and format documents
- Individual will have the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff
- Ideal candidate will have appropriate political acumen to assist in prioritization of tasks given unique nature of Executive level interactions with Senior government officials and delegations
Please complete your profile and submit your cover letter and resume to IRI's website.