The mission of Amazon’s Global Security Operations (GSO) is to secure and protect our associates, physical sites, and brand. To accomplish this mission, GSO’s Global Intelligence Program (GIP) is looking for an entrepreneurial individual to provide intelligence products, services, and consultancy to our global stakeholders, from our North America Regional Operations Center (ROC) in Phoenix, Arizona. The Global Intelligence Analyst (GIA) will report to the Assistant Global Intelligence Manger. This position may require shift work, including nights weekends, and public holidays. There will be opportunities to travel to corporate and operational sites as needed.
Primary Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
The GIA will be tasked with creating and maintaining direct intelligence support to World Wide Operations businesses and senior leadership. The GIA will work closely with the business to proactively provide intelligence products, services and consultancy to prevent or mitigate operational impact from various global, regional, and local events. The GIA will act as the intelligence subject matter expert to the business, and will advise and assist senior leadership during crises and other impactful events. The GIA will provide standing and ad hoc products and services to a range of stakeholders, while also providing subject matter expertise to business leaders seeking to understand global, regional, and local geopolitical nuances and respective business climates.
Other Responsibilities may include:
- Collect, analyze, and disseminate business operations intelligence
- Assess vulnerabilities of and threats to various Amazon World Wide Operations businesses
- Develop, maintain, and modify plans, projects, and programs to scale intelligence support to key stakeholders
- Use emergency mass notification platforms to proactively warn of impactful events, and assist with intelligence briefing facilitation to impacted business leaders and sites
- Assist other GIA’s with respective plans, projects, and programs
- Train, assist, and advise other intelligence personnel in the GSO’s ROC network (currently Phoenix, USA; Prague, CZ; and, Beijing, CN.)
- Identify, develop, maintain, and modify vendor relationships to support various clients’ intelligence requirements
- Provide intelligence products, services, and consultancy to other Amazon business units and intelligence teams
Amazon Leadership Qualities:
- Customer Obsession – Your intelligence products, services, and consultancy start with the customer and work backwards to relevant and sustainable solutions
- Learn and Be Curious – You want to develop an A-Z understanding of your client, their business model, and their customers
- Earn Trust – You provide value-added assistance and advice to your clients; they trust your word, and include you in all aspects of intelligence-related work
- Have Backbone, Disagree and Commit – You defend your intelligence findings and analyses, but at the end of the day, the customer makes the business decision
- Deliver Results – You deliver intelligence products, services, and consultancy. Period. Because you’re passionate about intelligence!
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Intelligence, International Relations, Criminal Justice, Global Security, Terrorism, Political Science, Business Intelligence, etc.)
- Proactive customer service skills
- Experience with the intelligence cycle and analytical support
· Excellent grasp of MS Office Suite and other project management tools
- Familiarity and mastery of various intelligence-related technology platforms, such as geospatial tools; news aggregators; and, social media monitoring applications.
- Write clearly, succinctly and correctly; write convincingly in an engaging and expressive manner; avoid unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; write in a well-structured and logical way; structure information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience
- Well-organized proactive individual with demonstrated ability to work with multiple, competing deadlines, with excellent attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor and ability to communicate with all levels of business leadership and staff
- Master’s degree in related field (Intelligence, International Relations, Criminal Justice, Global Security, Terrorism, Political Science, Business Intelligence, etc.).
- Military/government/law enforcement/corporate intelligence experience
- Experience in Operations Center work environment
- Fluency/competency in language in addition to English (e.g., German, French, Portuguese, Mandarin, Arabic, Hindi, etc.)
- Personal network of intelligence, law enforcement, security and other industry/professional contacts to assist with event insight and impact analysis
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*