The Development and Outreach Department of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking highly-qualified applicants for the position of Associate Director to focus on fundraising and outreach events and initiatives in the San Francisco office. This full-time position will report to the City Director, San Francisco, in the Development and Outreach Department.
1. Support the fundraising, outreach, and advocacy efforts for the San Francisco Committee by working with members to engage their networks and soliciting support for fundraising and advocacy initiatives;
2. Manage the production of fundraising, outreach, and cultivation events in San Francisco, including HRW's annual $1M Voices for Justice dinner, researcher briefings, panel discussions, and community outreach engagements;
3. Manage communications with the San Francisco Committee and donor community including programmatic updates, social media, and targeted outreach;
4. Coordinate select initiatives and help to manage Committee interest groups, sub-Committees, and the Young Professionals Network;
5. Collaborate with the San Francisco team to build financial support for the organization by researching, identifying, cultivating, and soliciting philanthropic commitments and general support funds from current supporters and prospective donors;
6. Assist the Director in expanding the San Francisco human rights community and base of support by creating meaningful experiences and educational opportunities;
7. Represent the work of HRW to existing and prospective supporters;
8. Create and track donor lists, fundraising reports, and office and event expenses; Regularly monitor the budget and ensure that resources are allocated appropriately;
9. Create agendas, prepare background materials, and conduct follow-up to meetings;
10. Deliver output in a timely manner and be consistent with the agreed strategy and priorities of the Development and Outreach department; and
11. Perform other tasks, as required.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in international relations, social sciences, communications/marketing, or related studies is required. An advanced degree in human rights, communications/marketing, or philanthropy is desirable.
Experience: A minimum of five years of philanthropy or fundraising experience and demonstrated success in managing large-scale events are required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Ability to effectively build relationships and engage with a variety of donors, committee members, and board members is required.
2. Creativity, initiative, follow-through and excellent organizational skills are required.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are required.
4. Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within HRW as well as with external partners are required.
5. Ability to multi-task effectively, including having good planning skills, and ability to work well under pressure are required.
6. Demonstrated commitment to human rights issues and the capacity to master and represent the mission and programs of HRW are required.
7. Strong computer skills are required. Experience with donor databases and knowledge of social media are highly desirable.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org