Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) dedicated to high-impact international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
Panagora is currently seeking an Editorial Associate. The ideal candidate is an outstanding graduate interested in communications and writing/editing at the corporate and project levels.
- Support the writing, editing, and formatting needs of Panagora, including corporate communications, new business activities, and some field activity work. As needed, review, edit, copyedit, and assist with final production of documents, ensuring formatting, writing style, and quality checks that adhere to Panagora and other style guides as appropriate.
- Work with the Communications and Digital Media Specialist to implement corporate communications strategies, including managing social media platforms; writing for the web and social media; assisting with events, and other tasks as needed.
- Support new business activities as needed, including editing and copyediting proposals, managing final production of documents, basic graphic design tasks.
- As needed, support field activities communications tasks that may include, researching and writing relevant news stories, interviewing staff for website content, answering queries related to branding and marking requirements, and other activities.
- Work with the Communications and Digital Media Specialist to ensure appropriate marking and branding standards are met for all products.
- As directed, work with designers and other editors to finalize publications, including managing work flow and timelines, guiding decisions related to design and printing, coordinating vendors, and reviewing final proofs.
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree in Communications, Political Science, International Relations, International Development, or related field
- 2-5 years’ experience as an editor/writer or general communications position with command of AP and/or other style guides; web-writing and social media experience strongly preferred
- Excellent writing and communications skills with a command of the English language
- Experience and/or knowledge of USAID and international development; familiarly with USAID marking and branding guidelines preferred
- Some graphic design experience required
- Ability to solve problems creatively with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience living or studying abroad a plus
- Fluency in English; proficiency in a second language is preferred but not required
- Must be eligible to work in the USA without need for sponsorship
**Please submit a cover letter and a one-page resume to apply. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org