The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 280 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
About the role
The French office’s strategic communications team is currently accepting applications for an enthusiastic individual to gain professional experience in climate change communications as a “Digital Strategic Communications Intern”. This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate/young professional with an interest in climate and energy issues and the way they are interpreted and reported in the media.
The intern will work in the ECF’s Paris office in support of the strategic communications team (2 people),with a focus on French-based activities, under the supervision of the Strategic Communications Manager for France, with a (non-exclusive) focus on digital.
The intern will support the communications and media needs of the ECF, its grantees and its partner organisations with a focus on French-based activities on especially on digital:
- Making full use of IT and new media tools to disseminate and support the targeted messaging of ECF-promoted projects and of the work of its grantees and other partner organisations;
- Implementing digital approaches to support the Strategic Communications team in its traditional media activities;
- Helping/supporting with the design of French-language media briefs around communications initiatives by the ECF, its grantees and its partner organisations;
- Coordinating and/or supporting ECF grantees and partner organisations’ press conferences;
- Using monitoring tools to report on media coverage;
- Supporting senior staff in external communications and media needs;
- Other ad-hoc research work and administrative tasks.
Experience and competencies
The ideal candidate should have the following profile:
- Demonstrated interest in the mission and values of the ECF;
- You are in your final Bachelor/Master years with a background in the fields of digital communications, especially with a focus on environmental issues and/or political science. A first experience in this field is a plus.
- Media-savvy with proven social media skills (graphic design, photo and video editing appreciated);
- Enthusiasm to help reframe the public debate around the issues of climate change and the energy transition;
- Ability to work both in a team and independently;
- Ability to understand and follow confidentiality rules;
- Superior French written and verbal communications skills;
- Good English written and verbal communications skills.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- An introduction to the ECF’s vast network of connections in the field;
- A sense of satisfaction from contributing to the global climate debate;
- A glimpse into the making of high-profile media stories;
- A good work ambiance in a caring and committed team;
- Contract: A full-time scholarship of 3-4 months;
- Compensation: Based on legal requirements
1 May or 1 June 2019 (until the end of August)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org