MSNBC is looking for a Production Assistant for the 2PM show with host Katy Tur.
This is a staff with end date position for 6 months.
- Assist in compiling research for anchor, maintaining on-air updates during live program
- Gather information on breaking news stories for anchors to relay on air
- Print scripts for anchors and build updates
- Provide daily support by managing calendars, appearance and schedule
- Schedule and book travel and meetings
- Organize and schedule meeting and interviews
- Maintain and process expense reports
- Respond to correspondences
- Order and coordinate all graphic elements for air when needed
- Oversee the airing of all graphic elements in control room during live program when needed
- Work closely with producers to research, select and locate required footage for broadcast
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have at least 2 years’ production experience.
- Must be proficient with Desktop editing.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
- Proficient editing with Avid.
- Ability to enterprise, research and plan stories.
- Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy and history.
- Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org