The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University seeks a Part-time Instructor to teach PSC 124, International Relations (3 credits), during Summer Session II 2017 (July 3 – August 11). The course will meet Mondays through Thursdays from 10:00 am to 11:45 am.
This is considered a Summer Sessions course, administered and paid through University College.
Course Description: PSC 124 is an introductory undergraduate course which addresses foreign policy, decision making, comparative foreign policy, international transactions, and the international system. Credit is given for PSC 124 or PSC 139, but not both.
- Teach PSC 124, International Relations, during Summer Session II 2017.
- Developing and/or updating a class syllabus.
- Ordering the appropriate books and materials in advance of the class start date.
- Preparation of lectures, projects or other student assignments.
- Maintaining regularly scheduled office hours.
- Presenting instruction based on the competencies and performance levels of the course.
- Meeting all designated class periods. If you are unable to meet your class due to illness or emergency, you should exercise your best effort to reschedule the class or obtain a substitute. You must also notify the department chair of your absence and of your plan to cover the class.
- Submitting final grades according to University regulations.
- Grading student assignments and exams in a timely manner.
- Providing departmentally sanctioned forms for completed student evaluations.
Minimum of ABD in Political Science with excellent teaching experience of Political Science courses at the undergraduate level. Strong class evaluations expected.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*