Upwardly Global is the first and longest-serving organization that focuses on helping foreign-trained immigrants and refugees integrate into the American workforce. We prepare immigrants and refugees for jobs that match their education and skills, and we provide employers with the know-how to create inclusive hiring practices so they can take advantage of this untapped and valuable potential. We are proud to help and welcome newcomers to the U.S.
This is an exciting role for a development professional who enjoys engaging volunteers and donors in the meaningful work of integrating immigrants and refugees into the U.S. workforce. This manager will be responsible for building and strengthening donor, employer, and volunteer partnerships in the D.C. area. This position will report to the VP of Development in New York and in collaboration with the Program Manager in DC.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, cultivate, and grow relationships with major donors and funders in the DC, MD, VA area. Host and participate in local and regional discussions with major donors and funders in order to secure funding and partnership opportunities.
- Collaborate with the VP of Development to develop and manage the local Leadership Council (Jr. Board) to grow their fundraising capacity; support local board member and leadership council members to reach their annual goals through securing funding from their networks and supporting regional events.
- Work with PM and VP of Development to identify and cultivate new corporate prospects for paid employer partnerships that include hiring, volunteer events and diversity engagement
- Develop a larger regional volunteer pool to support program team coaching (e.g. info/mock interviews etc.) and coordinate informational interviews for participants in coordination with program team.
- Liaise with Program Manager to ensure delivery of strategic corporate volunteer events and to create new prospects and new revenue as a result of volunteer/corporate relationships.
- Organize and coordinate program events and logistics in conjunction with the development team (as applicable) in support of key donor or partner cultivation.
- Collaborate with the National Development team to execute on our national strategy.
- Collaborate with fellow Partnerships & Volunteer Program Leads in other offices on a regular basis to analyze and improve the Partnerships & Volunteer Program.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- 2 or more years of related work experience in development and/or volunteer programing
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CMS preferred
- Experience with Marketing Automation Software preferred (e.g. Mailchimp)
- Strong cross-cultural sensitivity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Very strong public speaking and presentation skills
- The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of and belief in Upwardly Global’s mission
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- This is a largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear and see.
- Requires the ability to travel occasionally - locally and regionally and nationally;
- Must be available to work evening events and to occasionally work weekend sessions.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary expectations with Development & Volunteer Program Lead in the subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org