The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), alongside its sister Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) agencies, has implemented innovative, community-driven solutions to development challenges for more than 45 years. It focusses on a small number of specific development problems by forming intellectual and financial partnerships with organisations sharing its objectives. With a small staff, a host of cooperating agencies and thousands of volunteers, the Foundation reaches out to vulnerable populations on four continents, irrespective of their race, religion, political persuasion or gender. More information....The positionPOSITION OBJECTIVES
In view of the increasing number of activities, events and workshops within the ECD Programme, a seasoned monitoring and evaluation coordinator is required to track implementation and programme outputs systematically, and measure the effectiveness of its different inputs. This should help determine exactly when the programme is on track and when changes may be needed.
- Develop an annual programme based monitoring and evaluation work plan in light of the current programme proposal & project baseline and in consultation with the programme team.
- Develop log frames, outlining key impact areas, methods of measurement and prepare quarterly/annual reports as per plan.
- Support the design and implementation of the monitoring systems to meet requirements of existing grants and programme learning:
- Develop appropriate data collection electronically and/or paper-based tolls;
- Data collection which includes regular field spot checks;
- Design customized data entry system;
- Perform data cleaning checks and analyze monitoring data; and
- Interpret and present findings to relevant programme staff and management for informed decision making.
- Use the available data for bench marking, and/or identifying gaps, and use the data available for further baselines, and identifying research areas for evaluation.
- Develop terms of references for baselines, researches and evaluations.
- Coordinate and execute the identified baselines, researches and evaluations.
- In collaboration with programme staff, support the proposal development process by ensuring that proposed performance frameworks and indicators are in coherence with project strategy.
- Support in the development of dissemination materials and events to share programme achievements and learnings.
- Work with the programme team on documentation of good practices, lessons learned and success stories.
- Any other duties identified by the programme team
- Master degree in any discipline within the social science field.
- Not less than seven years of working experience in contemporary methodologies and analytical tools in qualitative research & results-based monitoring and evaluation.
- Working experience in the field of Gender and women empowerment is preferred.
- Relevant qualifications and experience in quantitative and qualitative data management and analysis.
- Demonstrated capacity to use qualitative and quantitative data entry and analysis software.
- Good understanding of development issues and an understanding of programmes of other significant donors in Egypt, existing in the ECD networks.
- Ability to consult, discuss and interact with local communities and stakeholders and willingness to participate in field activities/ surveys and travels.
- Experience in writing project reports.
- Excellent Arab and English written and verbal communication skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org