AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
Policy, Research and International Affairs (PRI) serves AARP by leading the development and articulation of AARP’s public policies, research and insights on the 50+ and issues that matter to them, importing best global practices, and strengthening AARP's reputation for world class expertise and thought leadership.
AARP International engages global stakeholders to spark solutions that strengthen communities, protect the vulnerable and enable people around the world to pursue their goals and dreams.
Working with governments, civil society and the private sector, we are focused on enhancing the quality of life for people as they age. We serve as the global voice for AARP, a social change organization with a membership of more than 37 million. We work to drive relevance, impact, and revenue for AARP through global advocacy and identifying and sharing innovations on aging and longevity from around the world. The Director, Global Partner Engagement serves an important role managing a portfolio of strategic relationships and projects, speaking and representing AARP at international events, leading research efforts, and collaborating with colleagues across the enterprise.
- Manages a portfolio that includes targeted global outreach; identifying, developing, and cultivating strategic relationships that drive impact and relevance; promoting AARP’s image and brand as global thought leader; and supporting a global effort to elevate issues around aging.
- Identifies opportunities (including relationships, conferences, original research, etc.) to position AARP as a global thought leader on aging with new audiences, stakeholders, and influencers, and collaborates with International team leadership and staff and other colleagues.
- Stays abreast of emerging global trends that may have an impact on aging and demographics and develops and leads efforts to shape the international debate and discussion.
- Identifies best practices and innovative solutions from around the world and seeks opportunities to disseminate such with colleagues and others in the United States via speaking engagements, various writing platforms, and social media.
- Manages entire project management life cycle including multiple vendor relationships, contracts, budgets and budget forecasting, etc. for several, simultaneously ongoing projects.
- Collaborates with internal colleagues and leverages AARP resources and talent in international engagements and research.
- Represents AARP at international events, including speaking at panel discussions, conferences, and discussions on global aging and related subjects.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in international relations, public policy, demographics, business, or related field and 10+ years of experience; or an equivalent combination of related training and relevant experience. Advance degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with international policy and marketplace as it relates to aging, demographics. Familiarity with issues of aging (retirement policies, pensions, health, long term care, etc.), particularly international systems, policies, and issues desired.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, development, and planning skills, and the ability to communicate strategic plans and visions to others.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple programs and projects, partner contracts and deliverables, and relationship management.
- Proven ability to manage and work effectively in a collaborative environment, leveraging relationships and resources across an organization.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org