“Washington Week,” the longest running public affairs program on public television, is looking for a creative, multi-media Associate Producer to produce content for the national television program, website and various digital media platforms. Must be able to produce compelling content that will take our broadcast to the next level as an important source for news and analysis. Create blog posts, social media content, and collaborate with the team for video and podcast production
The ideal candidate will be a passionate news junkie with strong interest and broad knowledge of national and international news, politics, domestic & foreign policy, and history. The Associate Producer will develop and execute the social media strategy to engage users, and serve as the principal liaison between "Washington Week," PBS Digital and the "PBS NewsHour.”
- Maintain Washington Week website; write engaging, sticky, creative copy for the website and social media that is also SEO friendly.
- Develop and implement digital and social media strategies to engage and expand online and TV audiences. Oversee tweeting during the live, Friday night broadcast and webcast.
- Research news stories; compile weekly sound list and video elements and supervise the editing of clips for the weekly TV broadcast.
- Must be able to enterprise stories/segment ideas, and quickly and accurately report on a variety of platforms.
- Troubleshoot and perform website maintenance.
- Collaborate with the team for video and podcast production
- Provide some digital graphic production using Photoshop.
- Field produce, shoot and edit video content for the web and social media.
- Perform related special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Solid editorial news judgment, digital publishing skills and fluency in social media essential.
- Strong interest/deep knowledge of national and international news, politics, history and foreign policy.
- Background producing smart, compelling, multi-platform content for TV, websites and social media. Proven ability to utilize various multi-media production storytelling techniques.
- Creative writer/storyteller with strong editing, grammar, and proof reading skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of television news production.
- Able to produce distinctive digital graphics using Photoshop.
- Able to work a flexible schedule that includes Friday evenings on a regular basis and potential weekend work.
- College degree in Journalism, Broadcast Communication, Digital Media, History, Political Science or English.
- Minimum 3 years of news writing/reporting and/or TV production experience.
- At least 2-years’ experience managing a website using Drupal or similar CMS.
- Knowledge of HTML, Adobe Photoshop and experience with non-linear video editing (Avid, Final Cut or Premiere), video encoding/transcoding and the iNews newsroom system is a plus.
- Experience evaluating metrics and preparing web analytic reports.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evolving multiple media production techniques and technology.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org