The Anna Lindh Foundation is seeking to appoint a Partnerships and Outreach Officer as part of the flagship “Young Mediterranean Voices” programme international management team. We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious professional who shares our values and is passionate about scaling-up the impact and reach of intercultural action and voice across the Mediterranean region. The Partnerships and Outreach Officer will focus on achieving high visibility of the programme, maintaining an effective communication with partners through dedicated online management tools, and monitoring and evaluating the capacity and infrastructure of the programme from its operational Hub in Malta.
Context and environment:
We are currently living in a historical era in which mistrust and polarization between societies are rising. In this context the Anna Lindh Foundation firmly believes that:
- We need alternative narratives to fight extremist discourses and radicalisations. That is why we empower young voices by providing platforms for young people to build together more open, inclusive and resilient communities.
- We need more inclusive and empathetic societies to fight the lack of trust and intolerance. To do so, we introduce impactful research on international policymaking. We provide a unique understanding of conflict dynamics through research, media dialogue and opinion-leadership.
- We need to build a culture based on dialogue and exchange. By leading a movement, we work with our far-reaching network to bring together and inspire other civil societies, multiplying the impact of our programming in that way.
Young Mediterranean Voices (YMV) is the flagship programme of the Anna Lindh Foundation for youth-led dialogue and debate. YMV seeks to empower young people to enhance a culture of dialogue, to contribute to public policy and shape media discourses, and to create a shared understanding with peers across the Mediterranean on how to address issues of common concern to their communities. In this context, the Foundation is establishing a regional centre of excellence for youth leadership and debate in partnership with Malta-based institutions, including the National Youth Agency and the Mediterranean Academy for Diplomatic Studies (MEDAC). Young Mediterranean Voices was launched in Malta by the EU’s High Representative for Foreign Affairs, Federica Mogherini, on the occasion of MED FORUM in 2016, and is a key legacy action of the Maltese EU Presidency.
This post focuses on partnership development and strategic communications linked to outreach and visibility of large-scale initiatives. At the operational level, within the planning until 2020, the Partnerships and Outreach Officer for Young Mediterranean Voices will be expected to:
- Ensuring effective implementation of partnership agreements with MEDAC and the National Youth Agency, with a strategic focus on Outcome 2 of YMV on embedding dialogue and debate in education institutions and CSOs;
- Work closely with colleagues to support effective communications across the partnerships of Young Mediterranean Voices;
- Support the organisation and visibility of high-level regional activities, including the reginal Med Debate Forum, the New Leadership training seminars, the expansion of YMV Public Debates across Europe and the Virtual Exchange summer school;
- Develop and support engagement strategy for EU Representations and EU Delegations associated to the communication plan of YMV;
- Facilitate the organisation of meetings with partner organisations for the preparation of strategic youth forums and trainings;
- Develop and support the digital outreach and communication plan for the partnership’s activities associated to YMV;
- Support the establishment of the YMV monitoring and evaluation system across the partnership base for an evidence-based programming and effective impact measurement;
- Contribute to reporting requirements linked to the implementation of the programme’s activities;
- Analyse programme’s data, examine performance, report on progress and recommend corrective action as needed;
- Contribute to the robust professional processes and key performance management targets and monitoring mechanisms for partnership development;
- Develop and implement plans to actively engage the Foundation’s national civil society coordinators and members in Young Mediterranean Voices activities.
This post will be working out of an EU Member State connected to the contract agreement and programming actions.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience in managing relationships with partners and donors. This role is ideal for someone with previous experience in partnership development and strategic communications, with an ability to research, gather, report and present information to a high standard to a variety of stakeholders and prospects. The candidate must have excellent communication skills with experience of managing relationships.
Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent written and oral English skills;
- Experience with G Suite, and/or any relevant information management systems;
- Demonstrable familiarity with the policies, structures, and regulations of the EU and other government, multilateral, and foundation donors;
- Demonstrable familiarity with peer non-profit and for-profit peer organisations in the Euro-Mediterranean region, and understanding of donor-funded project management and administrative compliance;
- Strong and proven ability in report writing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication with a variety of stakeholders;
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, diverse environment with minimal supervision;
- Cultural sensitivity and strong interest in intercultural dialogue;
- Experience working in a Southern Mediterranean country is an asset;
- Willingness to travel on short notice within the Euro-Med region;
- Fluency in a second language, particularly French or Arabic.
- At least five (5) years of related work experience in intercultural dialogue, youth programming, international development, or a related field;
- Proven experience working in programme and partnerships development;
- Demonstrable experience of managing relationships with partners, and partnership-building;
- Experience in organisation of large-scale events, preferably at the international level;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in international development, international relations, or a related field. A Higher degree is considered added value.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org