The Anna Lindh Foundation looking for an experienced professional to join its global leadership team and manage its partnership and business development. We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious professional who shares our values and is passionate about developing, funding and scaling-up the impact and reach of dialogue and conflict prevention across the Mediterranean region. The Partnership and Business Development Manager, working from the Foundation EU Liaison Hub in Brussels, will have twofold responsibilities related to: ‘business development’ through the identification of partner funding opportunities aligned with the Foundation’s long-term programmes; and ‘policy voice’ through the Foundation’s strategic communications and advocacy to multi-lateral partners, international foundations and governments. This post is part of the Foundation senior management team and the Partnership Manager will be encouraged to learn about the Foundation’s programming and methodologies developed with civil society networks across the Middle East, North Africa, the Balkans and Europe.
Context and environment:
We are currently living in a historical era in which mistrust and polarization between societies are rising. In this context the Anna Lindh Foundation firmly believes that:
- We need alternative narratives to fight extremist discourses and radicalisations. That is why we empower young voices by providing platforms for young people to build together more open, inclusive and resilient communities.
- We need more inclusive and empathetic societies to fight the lack of trust and intolerance. To do so, we introduce impactful research on international policymaking. We provide a unique understanding of conflict dynamics through research, media dialogue and opinion-leadership.
- We need to build a culture based on dialogue and exchange. By leading a movement, we work with our far-reaching network to bring together and inspire other civil societies, multiplying the impact of our programming in that way.
In this context, the Anna Lindh Foundation is increasingly sought after a partner of choice with multi-lateral organisations and regional institutions, and as a source of expertise in shaping effective policies in the domain of conflict prevention, migration and social cohesion, resilient cities, inclusive institutions and regional cooperation. There is a strong demand for our intercultural dialogue programming capacity and expertise, a fact also confirmed to us through widespread consultations across the region with civil society networks, new and existing partners, and especially from young people as the region’s most significant demographic. In order to manage the expected growth and development of our programming at a critical period in the region’s history and support the Foundation’s ambitious corporate plan to 2020 and beyond, we are now seeking to recruit an experienced international relations professional as our first Partnership and Business Development Manager. This is a senior management role that will report to the Foundation Director of Strategy and Partnerships.
This post focuses on developing, carrying out and monitoring a plan for the partnership and business development strategy to enlarge the increase opportunities for developing and funding dialogue across the Mediterranean, and leveraging the Foundation’s capacity for impact on international policymaking. In line with the Foundation’s Corporate Plan and priorities to 2020, the Partnership and Business Development Manager will be expected to:
- Manage partnership development activities including developing and monitoring agreements with multi-lateral institutions and strategic partners;
- Oversee mapping of the philanthropic scene in Europe and the Mediterranean region, and desk research on bilateral/multilateral donors and EU service contracts;
- Ensure professional rigour around monitoring and evaluation, and communications;
- Develop and manage the key performance management targets and monitoring mechanisms for global partnership development and policy advocacy;
- Negotiate agreements with partner counterparts on budgets and targets for joint funding bids;
- Develop and manage the communication and outreach plan for the Foundation Member States and Brussels-based representations to the EU and of multilateral partnerships;
- Promote networking and nurture effective strategic partnerships which enable the Foundation to deliver greater scale, scope and impact; this includes generating and exploiting the Foundation intellectual property;
- As part of the Foundation Strategy and business development, ensure that partnership plans are in place including for co-funding and/or client-funded contacts on a full cost recovery basis;
- Manage the development of the Foundation EU liaison outreach programme, ensuring that an annual schedule of outreach activities are in place (partnership meetings, high-level policy dialogues with strategic partners);
- Internally, with the Foundation Headquarters and Networks, contribute to effective knowledge sharing and building the capacity of the Foundation Network coordinators and staff to benefit from the Foundation partnerships and business development opportunities;
- Support the development and management of relationships that position the Foundation favourably for new partnership opportunities and income generation;
- Line manage and coordinate personnel recruited for partnership/business development and policy voice;
- Ensure synergies between the Foundation’s programming and EU and partners’ regional programmes and networks;
- Represent the Foundation as required at professional forums and debates with partners which increase our profile, and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of policy issues relevant to the Foundation’s advocacy agenda;
- Contribute to wider regional and strategy planning and, as member of the Foundation’s senior management team, to the overall development of the organisation.
This post will be working out of an EU Member State connected to the contract agreement and programming actions.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org