The position will be responsible for advocating on some of the most critical technology policy issues of today, such as AI ethics and explainability, blockchain, cryptocurrency, cloud, data protection, privacy, open technologies and open source software, that impact IBM.
The Technology Policy Executive for Government and Regulatory Affairs will identify and implement proactive public policy positions and campaigns to favorably impact the company’s operating environment in the U.S. and worldwide. You will also build effective relationships and develop alliances to advance IBM objectives.
The position will report to the Director, Technology Policy, Government and Regulatory Affairs. You will be a member of the global Government and Regulatory Affairs team and will be expected to collaborate effectively.
Additionally, the Technology Policy Executive will:
- Identify policy and regulatory accelerators, and barriers, for our technologies and solutions, to help craft our policy positions.
- Help design, and handle the execution of, policy campaigns, including messaging, coalition building, and events.
- Discover and track relevant policy developments, including hearings, legislation, executive orders, etc.
- Ensure coordination across IBM, especially with policy, communications, business and legal colleagues, on internal and external activities and developments.
- Prepare executive communications with pertinent information on policy developments, campaigns, activities for senior management.
- Have and grow strategic relationships with leaders in federal agencies, Congress, business and influencer communities.
- Represent the company externally at coalitions, events, conferences, and government meetings.
You should be passionate about the potential of technology to positively transform industries and society. You should also have a strong understanding of emerging technologies like AI and blockchain, as well as deep functional experience in public policy, with validated relationships and proven relationship and coalition building skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
5 years experience:
- Innovate, be proactive and “move the needle” with regard to political and policy matters.
- Persuasively communicate technologies, like AI and blockchain, and complexities broadly, at the highest levels of government and business.
- Collaborate effectively, and build networks, internally across business units and solutions owners and externally with diverse stakeholders.
- Envision, through collaboration, pro-active policy positions to advance business interests and anticipate changes in policy and regulation that could affect the company.
- Develop and execute strategic plans and public policy campaigns.
- Continually learn and stay abreast on technology developments, as well as have a keen interest in learning the company business and market strategies.
- Be flexibility, driven and have an energetic and dynamic approach to teaming and problem identification and solving.
- Have a commercial outlook, exercise sound business judgment and represent with integrity.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
An advanced degree in public policy, international relations or related field will be considered favorably.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org