The GBV Programme Coordinator oversees the strategic and technical elements of GBV Prevention and Response in Nepal. This includes overall strategic portfolio oversight, representation of UNFPA and coordination with external partners, as well as, management of a team of technical personnel to deliver high-quality, timely and integrated technical and programme support on GBV. She/he is charged with ensuring that UNFPA Nepal’s GBV portfolio is technically sound and in line with the ICPD programme of Action, UNFPA’s Strategic plans, and the development frameworks of the Government of Nepal. It is further expected that the GBV Programme Coordinator will analyse the external environment in Nepal, identify opportunities for UNFPA in the area of GBV, and explore opportunities for collaboration and partnerships in terms of programmes and funding, advocacy and research/learning.
Education and Experience:
- Advanced university Degree in Public Health, Medicine, Sociology, Demography, Gender, Economics, International Relations, International Development, Public Administration, Management or other related fields.
Knowledge and Skills:
- At least a Master’s degree in gender and development, public health, development studies, human rights, or a related field;
- 7 years of increasing responsibility and professional experience in management and development relevant to gender-based violence, gender equality, reproductive rights, public health, or similar, including at least three at the international level;
- Substantive knowledge and practical experience in the area of gender-based violence, including strategic planning, programme implementation, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience working with the UN System and with donors;
- Excellent communications and writing skills in English;
- Field experience is required; experience from the (South) Asian context is an asset.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Nepali would be an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org