Invest Hong Kong (InvestHK) is the department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government tasked to attract and retain foreign direct investments in Hong Kong. Its dedicated Innovation and Technology team promotes Hong Kong as one of the fastest growing innovation and technology ecosystems, attracts and facilitates innovative technology enterprises, research and innovation labs to set up and expand in the city.
In addition to being a global financial centre and the business capital in Asia, Hong Kong is rapidly emerging as a premier international innovation and technology hub for leading overseas, local and Mainland companies and institutions to do research, ideation to commercialisation, access funding, new markets and talent.
To demonstrate the business opportunities in the innovation and technology sector (namely biomedical technology, smart city, information and communications technology, artificial intelligence and robotics) that can be seized by investors in and via Hong Kong, InvestHK is looking for an enthusiastic candidate to fill the important position of Senior Manager, Innovation and Technology (with a focus on biomedical technology) in New York. With a strong drive for results and impact, the incumbent will be part of a specialist Innovation and Technology team aiming to achieve performance targets through reaching out to potential investors. The incumbent is expected to possess deep understanding of the Innovation and Technology ecosystem and general business environment in the Americas (with special focus in the US and Canada). Being highly goal driven and client centric, the incumbent should demonstrate excellent sales and client management skills.
The Senior Manager, Innovation and Technology will be a one-person team performing the following duties independently :
- To support Heads, Investment Promotion Units and InvestHK’s teams in the Americas in implementing an investment strategy and business plan to attract Innovation and Technology companies, investors, entrepreneurs, incubators, accelerators, research institutions, R&D and innovation labs (with a focus on biomedical technology) from their respective geographic markets to set up and/or expand in Hong Kong and to promote Hong Kong as an international innovation and technology hub;
- To respond promptly to enquiries from potential investors in the Innovation and Technology sector by providing advice and assistance to facilitate the implementation of their set up and/or expansion plan for Hong Kong and to provide aftercare services;
- To work with InvestHK’s head office and overseas network, relevant government bureaux and departments of the HKSAR Government and other public organisations including Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation, Cyberport, universities, research institutions and relevant industrial organisations to conduct investment promotion and marketing activities focusing on Innovation and Technology sector in the Americas;
- To build a strong network and a close working relationship with the Innovation and Technology sector and with key stakeholders in the startup, technology and business community in the Americas through conducting outreach work, and supporting and attending relevant events;
- To collect and analyse market intelligence and provide input to improve Hong Kong’s competitiveness and attractiveness as an international innovation and technology hub;
- To carry out administrative work and resource management within the budget allocated; and
- To carry out other duties as assigned by management.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent, in biomedical or related disciplines. A higher degree (or equivalent) plus other degree in sciences including computer science, engineering, information technology or related fields; would be an advantage;
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in account management, business development, marketing and project management in biomedical or related field; additional experience in other technology fields like artificial intelligence, electronics, telecommunication would be an advantage;
- Knowledge and good understanding of the innovation and technology sector and the startup ecosystem, in particular in biomedical and related fields in the US and Canada. Investment promotion or economic development experience would be an advantage;
- Good networks within the US’s and Canada’s’ innovation and technology sector and the startup ecosystem, in particular in biomedical and related fields is desirable;
- Experience of living and/or doing business in Hong Kong would be an asset;
- Excellent communication skill in English. Proficiency in other languages such as French and Spanish is an advantage;
- Willing to travel in the Americas (in particular the US and Canada); and
- Eligible to take up employment in the US.
How to apply
Application by post or email in the form of covering letter with full CV (including copies of academic qualification certificates/transcripts, record of employment and available references from previous employment) should reach the following address or email no later than 5:00pm New York time on 10 September 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be notified of the result of application.
Mailing address: Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, 115 East 54th Street, New York, NY10022, USA Attn: Executive Office Manager
Email: [email protected]
Please visit www.hketony.gov.hk/ny/ or www.investhk.gov.hk for more information. For enquiries, please contact [email protected]
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the HKSAR Government’s personal data policies of which are available at http://www.pcpd.org.hk/english/data_privacy_law/ordinance_at_a_Glance/ordinance.html