Director of Development will report to the CEO and lead a global fundraising program that secures financial resources from corporate, foundation, and individual donors. Using their seasoned fundraising expertise, the Director will build new partnerships and engage new funders, while expanding existing key relationships both internally and externally, cultivating and soliciting gifts, strategic partnerships and grants. The Director will be the catalyst to build GFC’s fundraising portfolio.
Working closely with GFC’s Leadership, Board of Directors, foundations, corporations and key individual stakeholders, the Director will maximize fundraising efforts throughout the organization. They will lead the US Development team, building and strengthening capacities.
The Director is an outward facing champion of GFC’s mission, embracing our Core Values of Courage, Passion, Partnership, Learning, Inclusion and Excellence in their daily work.
- Identify, engage, develop and secure new funds and funders from corporations, individual donors, and institutional funders.
- Build new partnerships while enhancing and growing current portfolio.
- Develop and lead strategies to integrate GFC’s multiple constituencies to generate maximum impact.
- Engage with and motivate Board members to spearhead and participate in fundraising activities.
- Develop clear plans for development that are both realistic and challenging with a particular focus on income diversification
- Prepare the annual fundraising plan and budget and provide accurate projections and forecasts for the purpose of budgetary and financial reports. Report on results and projections at full Board meetings and Development Committee meetings.
- Maintain an active role in major gift and other fundraising efforts, serving as an advisor for donors and prospects.
- Represent GFC at meetings and/or speaking engagements to promote awareness and generate targeted engagement.
- Provide leadership for the Development team and the organization, fostering a cohesive environment of respect, professionalism, motivation and high productivity.
- Ensure that a stewardship system is in place for regular and meaningful recognition of donors.
- Stay abreast of philanthropic, economic, social and educational trends related to fundraising and GFC.
- Coordinate fundraising activities with GFC’s UK, Hong Kong, and India entities.
- Work closely with program staff, GFC leadership, and other development team members ensure reporting deadlines and program deliverables are met, and funds are appropriately applied and disbursed.
- Lead the process to continuously identify new funding opportunities.
- Ensure that a master calendar of deadlines for proposals, reports, and other grant-related materials is maintained and ensure timely internal review and submission thereof.
- Minimum 5 years of fundraising experience with demonstrated success of managing donor relationships and raising new funds for nonprofit organizations.
- Experience with children’s issues and/or international development required.
- Knowledge of and experience with corporate and major gifts fundraising required.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills and ability to work in diverse communities.
- Amazing storyteller with excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to write clearly, quickly and persuasively.
- Excellence in developing productive working relationships with staff, board members and funders.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and handle multiple functions and deadlines simultaneously; flexibility, quick-thinking and excellent project management skills.
- Familiarity with government grants and contracts experience will be a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, and experience with prospect research tools.
- 20 – 30% domestic and international travel to be expected.
- B.A. required, advanced degree a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org