Environmental Incentives is seeking to hire a Washington DC-based Team Lead to support the success of client-focused technical teams in the Latin America and Caribbean region. The Team Lead will oversee and lead work within two USAID-funded contracts, Measuring Impact II (MI2) and Latin America and the Caribbean Environment Services Support Contract (LAC ESSC).
Under both contracts, Environmental Incentives supports USAID-funded environment programs across Latin America with workshops to build capacity for adaptive management, and deliver Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning support. EI engages Mission staff and implementing partners in workshops through all phases of the Program Cycle – project and activity design, start-up, mid-implementation pause and reflect, and evaluation – to increase the effectiveness and impact of their work.
Complementary to the USAID Program Cycle support, EI supports mission staff across the region in learning activities, communications, and knowledge management. This includes support to mission and regional learning agendas, producing webinars, conducting research, developing case studies, assessments, and organizing learning events (virtual and in-person as circumstances allow).
Under the direction of the Washington DC-based EI LAC Portfolio Lead, the successful candidate will provide management support and provide technical leadership to multiple activities across various clients and contracts within EI. They will be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with clients and key stakeholders to ensure high quality and impactful products and services. They will also be able to quickly grasp complex coordination needs and set clear paths for team members and clients alike, managing adaptively in response to emerging priorities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The specific responsibilities and duties will include:
Steward client relationships through management, coordination, and communications
- Understand the clients’ needs and oversee delivery of high-quality services to meet those needs.
- Identify and manage synergies across contracts to add value to the services EI is delivering across the Latin America region.
- Collaborate and consult with USAID clients to identify technical support needs and align delivery of in-person and virtual technical assistance. Develop strong working relationships with individuals on client teams, tailoring communication and management approaches to meet their management needs and styles.
- Ensure that client vision is delivered through team execution of annual planning, monthly reporting, financial management, and MEL functions of the mission buy-ins under MI2 and ESSC.
- Actively anticipate problems and proactively and transparently address them with the client; identify problems and solutions with Project Directors and with EI teams and leadership
Effectively manage consulting teams to deliver high quality technical services
- Serve as an effective conduit of information within EI and with client teams. Support cross-team learning and establish communications channels within the EI team to efficiently share information and engage technical specialists.
- Develop sections of annual work plan and budget based on client vision to achieve programmatic goals.
- Manage and implement staffing plans aligned to client needs and budget. Lead and contribute to recruiting, onboarding, and management of staff who provide technical assistance to USAID.
- Manage relationships with subcontractor organizations and consultants. Establish strong working relationships with organizations in the region.
- Generate product definitions/scoping sheets, transmission sheets, dissemination plans to ensure clarity of roles and timelines along product development process.
- Track production and communicate with Project Directors, client, EI Communications and Knowledge Management (CKM) team as needed.
- Conduct quality assurance/quality control of deliverables.
- Set and maintain quality standards for delivery of work.
- Develop sections of required narrative reports.
- Contribute to implementation of MEL Plans, including annual pause and learn.
- Set and reinforce expectation that the team will use agreed Knowledge Management systems
- Provide technical assistance, as necessary. This may include USAID Program Cycle support, such as activity design, development of theories of change, facilitation of pause and reflect workshops or production of communications products such as briefs, blog posts, short video updates, presentations, and technical products.
Contribute to Environmental Incentives’ company initiatives
- Contribute to new business development efforts.
- Facilitate development of new relationships between EI and potential clients, partners, and consultants.
- Contribute to EI’s performance management and process improvement.
Environmental Incentives seeks talented, creative, and inspired professionals who can provide technical leadership in a growing practice while being flexible enough to fit into a strong EI culture and operational norms.
- Experience working with USAID and familiarity with the USAID Program Cycle
- Pro-active problem solver and client manager
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with multi-cultural and interdisciplinary teams of development practitioners and researchers
- Experience managing client relationships, teams, and large portfolios of work
- Willingness to travel throughout the region to support technical work as client needs require. EI is working remotely at this time and anticipates working remotely until at least summer 2021.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience with international development and biodiversity conservation programs, or related MEL initiatives in South America
- Legally authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions
- Fluent spoken and written Spanish. Portuguese a plus.
- Master’s degree in an international development or environment-related field
- Workshop facilitation and/or training experience
- Familiarity using the Open Standards for the Practice of Conservation and/or Miradi software
- Experience in communications and knowledge management
- Criminal background check required.
The position will be based in Washington, DC. Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the position will begin remotely.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org