Keseb is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization building an ecosystem for cross-country learning, collaboration, and innovation to advance inclusive democracies.
To turn the tide against authoritarianism and advance inclusive democracies, the pro-democracy movement needs a transnational learning and collaboration ecosystem that accelerates innovation. Keseb is working to build this ecosystem through: (1) facilitating a fellowship program that supports democracy entrepreneurs, (2) convening a global multi-stakeholder network of democracy champions, and (3) generating actionable insights for the field.
Keseb is a fiscally sponsored project of Issue One, the leading cross partisan political reform group in Washington, D.C.
Keseb seeks to hire a Director of Fellowship to join the founding team of Keseb and engage in the critical work of defending and strengthening democracy domestically and internationally. The Director of Fellowship will report to Keseb’s Founding Managing Partner and work closely with Keseb’s Founder and CEO and team to design and manage Keseb’s Fellowship program as well as contribute to broader organization building. This individual should have an interest in democracy, entrepreneurship, facilitation, learning communities, organization building, project management, philanthropy and systems change.
The Director of Fellowship role offers an exciting opportunity to manage a cross-country Fellowship program for leading democracy entrepreneurs. Core responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Drive and manage Keseb’s Fellowship selection process;
- Lead and collaborate with Keseb’s leadership to conduct due diligence on organizations and democracy entrepreneurs;
- Develop content and generate insights throughout the selection process to facilitate decision making;
- Continually build Keseb’s pipeline of organizations and candidates in target countries; and
- Develop systems and processes for pipeline management, selection, and to assess and capture learnings for Keseb’s ongoing improvement of its selection process.
- Cultivate strong relationships with democracy entrepreneurs in the Fellowship program, provide 1:1 learning support to Fellows;
- Collaborate with Keseb’s leadership in designing in-person and virtual fellowship learning sessions;
- Develop fellowship programming content as well as syntheses for Fellows and key stakeholders;
- Facilitate and/or co-facilitate in-person and virtual Fellowship sessions;
- Project manage the execution of all Fellowship programming;
Manage relationships with external vendors and consultants supporting Fellowship programming; and
- Manage feedback collection and analysis from Fellows to inform program design and continually improve offerings.
Fellowship learnings and insight generation
- Collaborate with Keseb’s leadership to surface, capture and codify insights and learnings, as well as measure impact from the Fellowship program; and
- Support the creation of internal materials as well as external content to share with key stakeholders and/or the broader field.
- Collaborate with Keseb’s leadership to design a post-fellowship offering informed by Fellows; and
- Manage the execution of alumni network and program offerings.
- Support in the execution of Keseb’s programmatic areas such as the Keseb’s Global Democracy Champions Network, including its annual Summit, and Keseb Insights;
- Support in building organizational systems that enable operational excellence and efficiency; and
- Partner with Keseb’s leadership to continually seek and identify opportunities to improve Keseb’s strategy, culture, and programming;
- Manage the work of other team members who contribute to the Fellowship program.
WHO YOU ARE
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to Keseb’s mission;
- Seven to ten years of relevant professional experience (e.g., nonprofits, philanthropy, management consulting, project management);
- Experience in supporting initiatives focused on democracy and/or delivering fellowship or learning exchange programs, either in the U.S. and/or internationally;
- Experience in building and managing relationships with key stakeholders in previous roles;
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in working cross-culturally;
- Entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to design and execute projects consistently
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, simultaneously manage multiple projects/people and effectively prioritize time and tasks;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of reputable stakeholders, both oral and written;
- Excellent presentation skills, gravitas, and experience and comfort with group facilitation;
- Excellent listening skills; ability to distill insights from listening and make recommendations to inform current and future program design;
- Creative, learning-oriented problem solver;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Proactive and excellent at execution;
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple, changing priorities and stakeholders;
- Collaborative team player willing to go above and beyond for the success of Keseb; and
- Mastery of Google Suite particularly Google Slides and Sheets.
Location: While the role is virtual, there is a strong preference for candidates based in Washington, DC. The Director of Fellowship will need to travel a few times per year, including internationally, to plan and set up in-person retreats, develop external relationships, and potentially to meet with democracy entrepreneurs at their organization’s locations.
To apply: Please email your resume with the subject line, “Director of Fellowship role.”
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org