PeaceTrees Vietnam is a Seattle-based humanitarian organization working in central Vietnam to assist those whose lives and livelihoods are threatened by the explosive remnants of war. It sponsors demining and mine risk education, survivor assistance, and community building projects in partnership with the people of Vietnam.
Our Mission is to address the legacy of war by removing dangerous explosives, returning land to safe use, promoting peace and cultivating a brighter future for Vietnamese children and families.
Our Vision is a Vietnam completely cleared of dangerous unexploded ordnance and communities fully supported in their goals for safety, education, and economic success.
PeaceTrees Vietnam seeks a full time Citizen Diplomacy Manager to join our Seattle team. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of professional experience, exposure to the field of international development or international travel and be a strong writer who is great with details.
• Plan, coordinate, and deliver PeaceTrees’ Citizen Diplomacy Program (4-6 two week trips each year), including program development, traveler recruitment, preparation, engagement, and follow-up
• Oversee Citizen Diplomacy trip logistics, coordinating with Vietnam In-Country office, volunteer trip leaders, and participants
• Handle administrative tasks related to trips, such as applying for traveler visas, building and maintaining trip files, and tracking application and payment processes
• Travel with Citizen Diplomacy trips to Vietnam approximately 4-6 weeks per year
• Set program direction and grow program in collaboration with Program Director and Executive Director
• Engage and support volunteer trip leaders, including developing orientation curriculum, co-creating trip itineraries, and tailoring support to individual trip leader’s needs
• Recruit participants and trip leaders through in-person outreach, presentations, and social media campaigns
• Remain available to help resolve issues that arise while travelers are in Vietnam
• Plan and facilitate traveler reunions
• Build and maintain relationships with trip participants on behalf of PeaceTrees
• Experience coordinating and leading international trips
• A dedication to supporting a rich traveler experience for Citizen Diplomacy Trip participants
• A demeanor that is punctual, calm but enthusiastic and flexible but intent on providing the experiences described in the itinerary
• Reliable, organized, self-aware, self-motivated, and willing to provide feedback and ask for help when needed
• A talent for reading social cues and understanding and navigating group dynamics
• An ability to think on your feet and tactfully solve problems as they arise
• An unflappable, focused approach in an emergency
• Basic first aid knowledge or ability to learn these skills (training can be provided)
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn about Vietnam, including but not limited to familiarity with the culture, weather, cuisine, religion, history, politics, language etc.
• Strong writing and organizational skills
• Proficiency with communication technology such as WhatsApp, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and comfort accessing these on your smart phone.
Please submit a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications and interest.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org