Equal Access International (EA) is looking for a passionate and committed communications and partnerships manager to help operationalize and spearhead exciting initiatives as part of the new communications and strategic partnerships department. EA is a fast-paced nimble international development organization working on some of the most pressing issues globally. This position is integral to expanding Equal Access International’s brand and partnership strategy.
We are an INGO headquartered in San Francisco with an international team spread across West Africa and Asia. Our big goal is to provide a platform for individuals and communities to lead on the solutions to issues that affect them most. Equal Access has a unique theory of change rooted in people-centered development and media. EA designs programs using normative and behavior change methods that create a platform for those rarely heard to generate solutions for the issues they face. We have powerful stories and impact metrics, formative research and white papers about life-change creative projects in the areas of women’s and girls’ empowerment, community resilience, preventing violent extremism, youth empowerment, and health/agriculture projects.
This is an exciting opportunity for a mission driven person who will work with the Director of Communications and Strategic Partnerships to operationalize the department, set strategy, manage projects, create content and drive new marketing and communication approaches to raise the profile of the organization. In addition to the communications tasks, this person will partner with the Director to develop relationships with new partners and donors specifically in the Tech, Media and CSR impact spaces that strategically intersect with the organizations current and future impact areas and goals. The organization is entering a new phase and this department is integral to the organizations credibility and growth. This position is best suited for someone who thrives in a start-up type of environment, is comfortable leading and sharing their perspective, is proactive, comfortable engaging with potential donors and is both tactical and strategic.
Day to day the manager will implement multiple communication and partnership projects, write content for the website and help direct the social media strategy, research potential partners in a variety of fields, develop pitch materials, internal protocols and guidelines, lead the monthly editorial meeting, strategize on campaigns and email marketing, ensure that our social media and digital presence are cutting edge, write and produce quarterly newsletter content, provide editorial support to program staff, strategize on new communication programs that will increase name recognition and validation, curate the website and proactively suggest ideas and approaches that can increase our footprint with our peers and donors.
· Assist with identifying short- and long-term marketing and communications objectives and KPI’s
· Contribute proactively to a comprehensive communications and partnerships strategy
· Assist with the development and operationalization of communication protocols
· Project manage various communication product and help roll them out internally and externally
· Support Director with compliance and procurement protocols
· Supervise the work product of the social media manager
· Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams
· Monitor trends, tools and applications, and appropriately apply knowledge to increasing Equal Access’ credibility
· Develop website content and assist with the content curation and updating of the website
· Conduct landscape analysis to determine alignment and white space for EA corporate, foundation and HNW partnership development
· Help institute best practices as new systems such as Salesforce, Smartsheets, Editorial calendar and other systems are implemented
· Work with the director to plan and then oversee the design, content, and production of various campaign materials
· 5-7 years of experience working in communications
· Marketing and branding background with experience with digital and social strategies
· Passion for social change and interest in international affairs or development
· Experience with relationship management and partnership development in the Bay Area
· Must be highly skilled in:
· Research and strategy development
· Project Management
· Writing and copywriting
· Analyzing data
· Multitasking and problem solving
· Creative marketing
· Interpersonal communications and relationship building
If interested, email a cover letter and resume by applying below.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org