The Policy and Advocacy officer will be in charge of monitoring policy developments in the fields of disability rights and social inclusion, providing a strong voice for families in key EU legislative and non-legislative processes. The officer will liaise with the EU institutions and members of COFACE in these areas. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in an international, inspiring and friendly workplace.
- Build COFACE policy expertise in the areas of disability rights and social inclusion;
- Draft policy statements and positions based on members’ input;
- Build advocacy strategies and consolidate relations with EU/international institutions and agencies;
- Develop and participate in joint alliances at EU level and represent COFACE in EU level networks;
- Develop and manage small scale research projects;
- Advise members on key EU policy developments, threats and opportunities for family organisations;
- Build networks and good collaboration with EU and national level policy and decision-makers, social partners, civil society organisations and other stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, human rights, social policy, EU affairs, or any related fields and at least 3 years’ relevant work experience in EU policy, social policy, or human rights;
- Experience and knowledge of EU affairs, especially in the areas of disability rights and social inclusion (e.g. child rights, poverty, deinstitutionalisation, inclusive education);
- Strong interest in the work of civil society in the field of family policy;
- Great understanding of the functioning of membership-based civil society organisations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English. Good working knowledge of French. Additional languages are a plus;
- Strong communication skills, including experience in public speaking, giving presentations at high-level events;
- Proactivity. Problem-solving attitude;
- Excellent writing skills, ability to make complex messages accessible to COFACE members and to the wider audience;
- Ability to work autonomously in a small team;
- Ability to manage a complex workload, to plan and prioritise.
- Contract: Permanent contract, full time (37h/week).
- Salary between €2500-€3000 gross/month, depending on experience and qualifications, plus benefits (13th month, luncheon vouchers, pension scheme, generous leaves, flexible work arrangements and more).
Details of the procedure
- Deadline for applications: 13th July.
- Interviews will take place in Brussels end of July/early August at the COFACE office or via Skype.
- Starting date: 3rd September
Candidates are invited to send a letter of motivation and a curriculum vitae to the attention of Liz Gosme, Director. The applications will be processed in full confidentiality.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org