The Senior USG Proposal Writer (SPW) will be part of a dynamic team of partnership specialists. Throughout the proposal development process, the SPW will cooperate closely with field and country teams to design the relevant approach and produce a clear, compelling and compliant proposal, closely aligned with the RFA or RFP. The SPW will write and edit proposals, at times assisted by other grant writers, and will be responsible for the final product – ready for submission to the relevant USG agency.
- Track new grant opportunities from US government agencies, including USAID, CDC and/or US State Department.
- Draft technical proposals and supporting documents fully compliant with the funding requirements of the particular RFA or RFP.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Lead negotiations with USG agencies and partners for specific opportunities.
- Draft and negotiate teaming agreements with potential partners.
- Analyze any new opportunity and carry out all needed steps to develop highly competitive strategies and teaming arrangements.
- Prepare for and participate in meetings with relevant USG Agencies and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design process and win-themes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, creative writing or a related area
- Minimum 8 years prior experience with USG proposal writing (USAID or CDC)
- Strong USG writing skills and a systematic handling of the proposal process
- A clear understanding of how to strategically read an RFA or RFP, key roles and responsibilities on a proposal development team, and proven capacity to deliver high quality, winning proposals.
- Extensive knowledge of current USG trends and initiatives in international development funding.
- Vast network of connections within the field of USG New Business Development.
- Technical knowledge of PEPFAR (HIV & AIDS) is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Strong organizational skills and a systematic approach to solving challenges.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to plan/manage work flow on multiple projects simultaneously, and work with limited supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, SharePoint, and donor management databases
- Proofreading skills essential
- Strong attention to detail
Planet Aid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org