Mission or Goal of Unit
The School of World Studies is a multidisciplinary unit, combining programs in Anthropology, Foreign Languages, International Studies and Religious Studies.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
International Social Justice is the largest concentration in the International Studies Program. The position will contribute to the International Social Justice concentration through scholarship and teaching and improve the student-faculty ratio.
The principal responsibilities for this position are: to contribute to scholarship on International Studies; to teach courses on Theories of International Social Justice and Theories of Globalization and Cultural Studies; to educate VCUstudents and the broader community regarding cultural diversity and international social justice; to bring an interdisciplinary and global perspective to their work as a scholar and teacher; and to contribute to the overall educational mission of International Studies, the School of World Studies, and the University.
- PhD in International Studies, Global Studies, Cultural Studies or related discipline in hand by August 2017.
- Demonstrable potential for excellence in scholarship.
- Demonstrated successful teaching at the undergraduate level in a North American university setting.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment, along with a commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU, is required.
- Fluency in English and in a second language.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary unit.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*