Oxfam’s EU Advocacy Office challenges EU policies to make them work for people in poverty. Oxfam International is seeking an enthusiastic intern to help promote our work on issues ranging from migration to tax justice, climate change, income inequality and humanitarian assistance through creative and strategic media and communications work. You will gain hands on experience working with the EU advocacy and the media team of a leading international non-governmental organisation. You will develop your media drafting, social media, project management and analytical skills; and you will acquire practical knowledge of EU policy-making and legislative processes.
Key Intern Responsibilities
- Help design, implement and review Oxfam’s EU media and communications strategy;
- Draft media products such as press releases, blogs and opinion pieces;
- Conduct media monitoring and analysis;
- Keep Oxfam’s EU social media accounts up-to-date, help identify opportunities for social media engagement, further develop the social media strategy, extend reach and improve targeting of social media products;
- Support in keeping Oxfam’s EU website up to date;
- Help organize advocacy and media events;
- Support in developing the media database.
Key Intern Relationships
- OI EU Brussels team, colleagues in relevant Oxfam affiliates, OI media team.
- Educational background in communications/journalism with an interest in international politics and development; or educational background in international politics and development with an interest in communications/journalism;
- Some previous work experience, especially engaging with social media and/or using media to influence public/EU policies is a plus;
- Native-level written and oral English language skills. Good knowledge of French and other languages is a plus;
- Social media, layout/design, photo and/or video editing as well as multimedia skills are highly desirable, and a strong command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a must;
- Basic knowledge of EU decision-making and processes;
- Effective team player with the ability to work and think independently, and to be resourceful and proactive. Proven ability to coordinate work in a team with people inside and outside the organisation.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*