The Administrative Officer reports to the Director of Finance & Administration and manages inventory, flights, visas, DHL shipments, transport requests and general administrative coordination with other departments. The Officer also maintains contact information in the SalesForce database.
- Leading on inventory management:
- Responsible for, and check supply invoices against purchase orders
- Managing stock levels and distribute supplies from stock
- Prepare reports on adjustments to inventories, spoilt or damaged stock and changes in stock location
- Maintain stock records using manual or computerized systems
- Inventory movements for request orders and coordinate inventory functions
- Support in prepare purchase orders
- Support receive, store and issue goods
- Leading on all flight bookings and visa applications and lead coordination with related departments, field visits and business travel according to the approved GFP and/or donor budgets.
- Lead responsibility for DHL shipments and invoices.
- Managing and coordinate transport requests with the Logistic coordinator and staff.
- Lead on stationery requests and find sources of supply and obtain quotes from suppliers.
- Support the Director of Finance & Administration in work permits and residency for international staff.
- Liaising with Human Resources Coordinator
- Whilst the Administrative Officer does not directly supervise the contracted Security Guards or contracted Cleaners, a responsibility is to be aware of any potential security issues, cleaning or maintenance requirements; to observe the standards of their work; and report any issues to the Director of Finance & Administration.
- Maintenance of contacts information in the SalesForce database.
- Supporting the Finance & Administration Dept. with additional data entry and word processing tasks.
- Supporting the Finance & Administration Dept. in policies and procedures.
- Liaising with and supporting the whole team regarding any major GFP events.
- Contributing and brainstorming ideas in support of organisation objectives.
- University Bachelor's Degree.
- At least four year's professional experience in Office Administration role.
- Excellent references and recommendations.
- Experience in Inventory Management.
- Experience in shipments.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Excellent active listening, problem solving, client management and customer service skills.
- Excellent computer skills (documents/spreadsheets/databases/presentations/calendars/email).
- Interest in global current affairs, peace building and development.
- Commitment to learning and personal development.
- Experience in Logistics Management
- Experience in translation English to Arabic and Arabic to English.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*