The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and journalists to build the civic institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, business advocacy, democratic governance, and anti-corruption & ethics.
Scope: The Digital Media Coordinator will report to the Communications Director. He/she will collaborate with the Communications team and other departments to develop digital content for online communication channels. This position will focus on graphic design, web, video, podcast, and social media technologies. Content developed will engage target audiences, tell the story of CIPE’s approaches and successes, and build CIPE’s brand, profile, and reputation for thought leadership.
- Digital Content Development – Working with program and Communications staff, develop content for existing and new online communications channels, including organizational social media, CIPE.org, the CIPE blog, and regional and program websites and social media channels (including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube). Develop, edit and produce videos highlighting CIPE messages and programs. Provide technical support to CIPE’s Democracy that Delivers podcast.
- Web Development – Coordinate the completion of the re-design of CIPE’s website (www.cipe.org) through liaison with CIPE staff, with the external graphic design vendor, and with the information technology consultant. Assist program staff as necessary contracting out Web-related work and help to manage those projects as necessary. Ensure that CIPE achieves best value on Web-related procurements and support contracts, including direct engagement in design/development where necessary.
- Online Management – Oversee the management of CIPE’s online communications properties, such as websites, domains, the annual report, and social media accounts, including management of relevant contractors and vendors, to ensure reliability, usability, security, value, and compliance with latest standards and best practices. Coordinate website editing and updates.
- Online Communications Strategy – Work with Communications Director, Communications Manager, senior management, and program staff to develop and implement strategies for using online communications tools to support CIPE strategic objectives.
- Graphic Design – Provide graphic design support to the Communications team and wider program staff for publications, newsletters, flyers, brochures, infographics, website content, and e-mail marketing.
- Training & Capacity Building – Work with Communications team and program staff to develop staff capacity in areas such as social media literacy, basic graphic design, and photo and video production. Assist partner organizations with online communications capacity development as requested. Provide guidance on use of relevant audiovisual equipment; manage and oversee the procurement of new audiovisual equipment for communications needs.
- Monitoring & Reporting – Regularly monitor CIPE’s online communications channels in support of Communications strategy and individual projects where appropriate. Establish comprehensive monitoring of social media and CIPE-managed websites with regular reports for relevant stakeholders (e.g. projects / programs requesting support, Communications team, senior management, and donors/funders).
The Digital Media Coordinator should be enthusiastic about and familiar with the subject matter of democratic and economic international development. The Digital Media Coordinator should be helpful, customer-service oriented, personable, and work well with a team. Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, digital media, international relations/studies, political science, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience.
- Excellent writing skills and experience in editing, attention to detail.
- Ability to develop, draft and design high quality content for CIPE websites and publications that resonates with a variety of audiences, including in the government, non-profit, international, and business sectors.
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to bring new ideas and innovations to the Communications Team and develop them independently.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, establish and negotiate timelines, ensure timely delivery of high-quality work, and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and without close supervision.
- Ability to manage outside vendors and information technology consultants.
- Demonstrated professional experience with multiple social media platforms and ability to develop and implement social media strategies.
- Proven track record establishing and growing an audience on multiple social media platforms.
- Strong understanding of Search Engine Optimization and the use of tag words/lines.
- Proficiency in complete Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite required (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere).
- Experience with email marketing such as MailChimp or iContact required.
- High level of HTML ability required.
- Video editing skills required.
- Experience with both PC and MAC is a plus.
- Highly developed aptitude to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability in a second language such as French, Spanish, Russian, or Arabic (desired but not required).
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a resume or CV, cover letter, one writing sample, and salary history to [email protected], subject DMC – [Your last name]. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
There is a two-page limit on the writing sample. Submissions demonstrating writer’s ability to synthesize information are preferred. Applications submitted without writing samples will not be considered.
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.