The communications associate is responsible for supporting PHR’s communications portfolio, including media relations, publications, marketing, brand management, digital content, and social media. A strong team player and detail-oriented member of the communications team, the associate will have daily administrative tasks and also take part in PHR’s messaging and identity, both internally and externally as we embark on a major period of strategic growth. This position requires prior experience in communications or human rights, a commitment to human rights issues, a willingness to take part in a wide variety of communications activities, and a knack for understanding how best to communicate across traditional and digital channels.
- Assist in drafting and editing content for PHR’s website, social media platforms, and publications;
- Research media contacts and aid in developing outreach strategies to publicize PHR’s work;
- Aid in the publication and dissemination of PHR’s research papers and reports;
- Manage Google AdWords by creating relevant advertising campaigns;
- Keep abreast of global human rights issues in PHR subject areas and relevant countries;
- Maintain media lists and monitor media mentions of PHR’s work and subject areas;
- Manage PHR’s business papers, business cards, and other content templates;
- Organize and keep inventory of PHR’s printed products;
- Assist staff organization-wide with brand consistency and formatting of documents and presentations;
- Assist in development and management of a shared editorial calendar tool;
- Manage departmental expense reporting;
- Available on weekends to respond to breaking news and post to social media.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to three years’ experience in communications or human rights
- Experience with email platforms and web content management systems
- Proficiency with social media
- Basic familiarity with HTML
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
Skills and Experience
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Mature, flexible, and resourceful
- A fast learner with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- A passion for human rights issues
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with background and experience. PHR offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume and salary requirements. Please include “Communications Associate, COM-17-002” in the subject line of the e-mail.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*