Flexible location per country leadership approval with preference for CHAI program country in Southern and Eastern Africa. This position will require an estimated 70% travel.
CHAI is seeking a Senior Associate to support our global health financing work, with a focus on countries in Eastern and Southern Africa. This includes Ethiopia, South Africa, Rwanda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Liberia; where CHAI has teams supporting governments as they pursue financing reforms. These reforms range from health insurance to financial management. The Senior Associate will also provide support for monitoring and evaluation of CHAI programs, as well as proposal development, contributing to work to shape CHAI’s health financing strategy moving forward across countries.
The Senior Associate will work as part of a small global team of 5 people, supporting country teams across Eastern and Southern Africa.
- This is a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding position. The senior associate will work closely with CHAI global and country teams, stakeholders and governments, to increase government ownership over the health sector and implement health financing reforms that will significantly increase access to and utilization of services for populations in need. The Senior Associate will provide strategic and technical support for the implementation of high profile projects, such as prioritization of the Essential Health Care Package in Swaziland and national insurance in Ethiopia and South Africa;
- Work with CHAI country teams to support government partners, including by designing and implementing tools and processes for improved resource allocation and management, and supporting their institutionalization in Ministries of Health;
- Conduct costing studies, economic evaluation, and other quantitative analyses that assess opportunities to improve efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability in health financing in specific country contexts;
- Review relevant country examples and literature, developing recommendations for the application of lessons learned in new contexts;
- Develop and deliver presentations to CHAI and other stakeholders to inform key policy decisions;
- Onboard, train and provide day to day troubleshooting support to CHAI staff in health financing, financial modeling and other areas as needed;
- Support monitoring and evaluation across CHAI country programs, as well as reporting to CHAI country teams, donors and stakeholders, disseminating lessons learned through annual reports as well as case studies and publications; and
- Other responsibilities as requested by manager.
- Advanced degree preferred in a relevant field such as health economics, public health, public policy, business, or other relevant disciplines preferred; Bachelor's degree minimum with exceptionally relevant experience;
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a relevant public or private sector job in a rigorous environment (e.g., management consulting, finance, public financial management);
- Experience working in developing countries, particularly in the health sector;
- Experience working with governments an advantage;
- Project management experience, including experience conceiving, planning and executing programs or projects with verifiable results and little external support;
- Strong strategic and structured thinker and problem solver with excellent analytical and quantitative skills and experience in modeling using Microsoft Excel;
- Strong writer, facilitator and oral communicator able to explain complex concepts using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate and propose new initiatives;
- Ability to navigate changing priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build relationships in a multicultural environment;
- English language fluency.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*