The Executive Assistant provides coordination and oversight of the day-to-day operations of the office of the President, serves as liaison between the organization and the Board of Directors (BoD), and conducts special research and writing projects. The position requires an ability to work both independently and in teams handling a wide variety of demanding duties flexibly and creatively including preparation of meetings, events, and materials. The successful candidate will bring a professional demeanor, open communication style, and discretion with confidential matters coupled with the abilities to meet multiple deadlines and manage challenges on the fly.
This position is based at the WCF Washington, DC, office and will report to the WCF President. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. The salary for this role will be commensurate with experience. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
President Support (65%)
- Helps ensure efficient use of President time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters, presentations, and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and providing administrative support, including time and expense reporting and travel arrangements.
- Proactively manages President’s schedule; booking meetings, calls, teleconferences, events, and reaching out to members and stakeholders.
- Conducts analysis, provides inputs, and develops briefs to ensure that the President adequately captures important issues and prepares for meetings.
- Coordinates agenda, background materials, and minutes for leadership team meetings and staff meetings.
- Conducts special research and writing projects, and develops/edits presentations, as requested by President.
- Ensures appropriate follow through on actions, decisions, and commitments made by the President and leadership team by working with the parties responsible for implementation.
President Support with Board of Directors/Members (15%)
- Schedules and prepares regular domestic and international BoD meetings working with BoD members and their assistants, WCF’s travel agents, venue staff and other stakeholders to ensure proper logistics for all attendees.
- Coordinates WCF content creation and preparation for BoD meetings, in consultation with leadership team.
- Fields member queries and ensures follow-up, in coordination with the President.
Team Support (20%)
- Provide research, writing, and operational support to other departments and program teams as needed.
- Welcomes guests and members/stakeholders by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and answering or directing inquiries.
- Three years+ of relevant experience in assisting high level executives preferred,
- Demonstrable proficiency conducting research analysis with clearly communicated outputs,
- Experience organizing and executing logistics, meeting planning, and agendas/reports/minutes for a high-level international BoD,
- A bachelor’s degree in international affairs, international development, economics, agriculture or other related field preferred,
- Exceptional English writing skills; fluency in spoken business French desirable,
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint,
- Technical experience with web conferencing and teleconferencing tools (Skype, WebEx, etc.),
- Evidence of being extremely detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize,
- Demonstrable enthusiasm and aptitude for collaboration and creating a positive work environment,
- Ability to manage documentation and filing, especially digital and cloud storage system for important and confidential documents.
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to upload their cover letter describing their interest in this role and WCF along with their salary expectations and résumé below.
Please address the letter to “Human Resources” and name your files using the following convention: ‘J.Doe Cover and ‘J.Doe Resume’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling bases until position is filled. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*