What part will you play?
We are looking for an anchor producer to join the Inside Politics team in Washington and work with John King.
What will you be doing?
- Editorial backbone for anchor-flagging news and elements to keep the anchor abreast of latest political storylines.
- Pitching, researching, planning show segments and digital & social media projects as needed.
- Identifying new reporting, video and graphic elements and helping to research and produce Magic Wall segments.
- Crafting compelling questions and producing elements that spark debate, and marrying them together in a smart segment structure.
- Collaborating with newsgathering and research teams
What do we need from you?
- Political news background required; show and digital experience is a plus.
- Two years of broadcast producing/writing, reporting or newsgathering experience preferred.
- Desktop and digital editing skills.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
- Ability to produce quality work quickly and in an organized manner.
- Excellent writing and researching skills - style, language, accuracy and balance.
- Ability to think quickly during breaking news, ability to adapt to program and anchor style.
- Attitude - must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
- Strong production vision - ability to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
- Self-starter - ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*