Can you imagine being a vital part of a Cyber Security Intelligence team working alongside other members of the Department of State? We are looking for someone who is capable of performing in-depth analysis of open source and classified reporting to identify potential and actual cyber threats to the Department and continually liaise with law enforcement and intelligence entities, foreign partners, and others, to exchange and share information.
What a Cyber Security Intelligence Analyst does at CSRA?
- Research – Examines and prioritizes events using existing tools to correlate data for the purposed of reducing false positives
- Analysis –Perform threat assessments that combine intelligence information with security events data resulting in insightful analysis and description of the threats. Conduct cyber threat assessments of foreign countries, hacker groups, and other entities with capabilities that could pose potential harm to the Department’s networks
- Report – Builds written products generally ranging from 1-10 pages, often on short suspense deadlines.
- Present – Creates and produces oral briefings for a wide variety of officials on threat intelligence findings and security best practices
Can you answer YES to some of these questions?
- Have you done cyber security analysis or investigative work before?
- Do you enjoy research and critical analysis?
- Do you get satisfaction knowing your support a mission vital to national security and the interest of enabling the advancement of US foreign policy?
Apply and see if you have what it takes to be part of the next generation of IT and Technology Solutions!
Here are a few more details about the role:
- Have proven written and oral communication skills
- Have knowledge or interest in the current state of cyber international relations, adversary tactics, and trends
- Have keen analytical skills, curiosity, agility, and adaptability
For a senior-level analyst: Master’s degree preferred, plus five years of experience. Should have proven expert written and oral communication skills to include experience with executive-level presentations. Candidates must have knowledge related to the current state of cyber international relations, adversary tactics and trends. Candidate must be a self-starter with keen analytical skills, curiosity, agility, and adaptability. They must also have the ability to work quickly, willingness to work on ad hoc assignments, and recognize the importance of being a team player. A TS/SCI clearance or the ability to gain one.
- Knowledge of various cyber threats and commonly used tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Experience using open and closed data sources to identify and extract indicators of compromise
- Experience with the technical capabilities and limitations of the Internet and online technologies, including social networking sites, blogs and microblogs, Internet mapping tools
- The ability to analyze e-mail headers, conduct PassiveDNS analysis, create Yara signatures based off of malware reports and collaboration with malware team
- Experience with computer network protocols and conducting open-source research
- Knowledge of general global political and security issues and regional and overseas expertise.
- At least 1 year experience with Splunk
- Ability to write concise analytical products and assessments
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and demanding work environment with tight deadlines and
- BA or BS degree in Cyber Security, Information Systems, International Security Studies, Political Science, or Business Administration with a focus on IT Administration
- 5+ years’ Experience
- Experience with computer programming languages, including PhP, Python, SQL, C++, Perl, Java, or other associated languages
- Experience with targeting analysis in the intelligence community or computer network defense community
- Experience with leading analysis and reviewing peer products
- Knowledge of malware types, malware analysis tools and procedures and ability to report malware analysis output-Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- MA or MS degree in Cyber Security, Information Systems, International Security Studies, Political Science, or Business Administration with a focus on IT Administration
- Security+, CEH, or CISSP Certifications or penetration testing experience a plus
- Foreign Language experience with Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, or Russian (or other Cyrillic based languages) are highly desired
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*