The Israel Policy Forum (IPF) is seeking a Communications Associate to fulfill a digital media and communications role. The position is responsible for helping manage IPF's strategic communications, analytical content, digital outreach efforts, and social media presence. This person will report to the Digital Director and IPF senior staff.
The Israel Policy Forum is a not-for-profit education and advocacy organization dedicated to supporting pragmatic policies to advance and ultimately achieve a lasting two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. IPF convenes and educates a broad array of Jewish leaders and US policymakers in order to strengthen advocacy in support of advancing a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, consistent with Israel’s security and a strong US-Israel relationship.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Website Management: Maintain and update IPF's website with fresh content using creative, multi-media elements and provide direction to web development vendor.
- Social Media Strategy and Development: Help develop an overall strategy for social media within the organization utilizing existing and/or new tools. Create content and develop campaigns for IPF social media outlets, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube accounts.
- Electronic Communications: Help prepare effective e-communications and manage new media campaigns; create a systematic calendar for e-communications; proofred and edit all print and digital material.
- Analysis and Strategic Communications: Help run IPF's collaborative Matzav Blog, assist in the design and formatting of IPF products, both online and print, and contribute to writing projects such as opinion editorials and blog posts.
- Multi-Media Production: Lead filming and photographing initiatives prior to and during IPF events
- Cloud Services: Oversee Google Drive and other Cloud services to maximize staff’s digital organization and archiving techniques.
- Event Management: Work alongside IPF staff in implementing weekly and monthly events in New York City, Washington DC, and other U.S. cities
- Proficiency with web-based content management systems, including Wordpress, Campaign Monitor, and NGP.
- Proficiency with Adobe design products, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Proficiency with video editing, Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere.
- Minimum of 6 months of policy communications/website experience in a non-profit, political campaign, trade association, Congressional office, or similar environment.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Demonstrated ability to maintain attention to detail.
- Capacity to work both independently and as part of a multi-city team.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended days and weekend.
- Knowledge and passion for the subject of Israel and the Middle East peace process.
- Experience with bulk email/database management software a plus.
- B.A. required.
- Hebrew language a plus.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two references by email to:
Eli Kowaz Director, Communications and Digital Media
[email protected] Israel Policy Forum 355 Lexington Ave, 14th Floor New York, NY 10017
Please include your availability, including start date, in your cover letter. Salary commensurate with experience. The application process will remain open until the position is filled.
Please note: The Israel Policy Forum is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. IPF complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees. Application materials will be carefully reviewed but due to the large volume of resumes, we are unable to personally acknowledge each applicant. Only those selected for an interview will be personally contacted. No phone calls, please.
Thank you for your interest in the Israel Policy Forum.